Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question Reguarding Erasure marks ????

Hello
I have a Team Issued photo ............blank backs ! Someone had wrote the year in pencil on the back .......
then erased it ! You can see the erasure mark if you hold the photo sideways .......otherwise hard to
detect ! My question is ............how much will Psa detract from the overall grade if I have it graded ???
I'm thinking they will deem the card as altered .......but not really sure ???
Robbie
Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
1963 Fleer
Lou Brock Master Set

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    They will probably default to ruling it "altered" and not give it a grade or put it in a holder.

It is possible if you call them in advance, and explain that you want it in a holder, that they will consider slabbing it as "authentic."

I think most of us are confused about how they decide whether to do this or not, unless you consider "on a case by case basis" a sufficient explanation.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I've previously submitted a few cards with erasure marks on the back that came back as PSA 8 MK
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've previously submitted a few cards with erasure marks on the back that came back as PSA 8 MK >>

So did you ask them in advance ............or just sent them in hoping for the best to get the MK Qualifier !
    ?
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I've previously submitted a few cards with erasure marks on the back that came back as PSA 8 MK >>

So did you ask them in advance ............or just sent them in hoping for the best to get the MK Qualifier !
    ? >>

I didn't ask them. I had a few blank backed postcards that had lightly written year denotations on the reverse. They were written in pencil, I erased them (carefully!). I submitted, and they came back with the MK qualifier.

m
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info guys !
    Robbie
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set