Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Thinking of selling/consigning the 34th best 1971 baseball psa set

Guys

I have the 34th best 1971 Topps baseball psa registered set (JMacs 1971 baseball) ... It is psa 7 or better (7.03 set rating). Every star is in 7 and no stars in 8.

Wanting to sell and re-invest the money into something that takes up much less space.

Can the experts please give thoughts to the best way to sell this? Also asking the experts to maybe estimate a price range this might be worth.

I always go back to Memory Lane or another auction house but wonder if that's the most economical way to sell.

Thoughts please and a Happy New Year to the board ...

Thanks, as always

Rick

Comments

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Steve Novella at www.stevenovella.com

I have sold a few high dollar sets with him...he is the best there is at what he does...bar NONE.
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    If you are going to break the set up I would agree with McMLV on this one. Although I have never sold anything through Steve, a friend of mine has broken many sets through him over the years. He has been very impressed with his service and results.

Good luck.

As for the value of the set I would think $4K is the right number.
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Agreed.... Steve is VERY professional. Buyers and sellers like him.

I say this despite his affinity for Seton Hall University : )
  • Thanks all ... very much, and Happy New Year
  • (Double Post also on the memorbilia forum)
    Guys
    Circling back to this older post and have FINALLY made the decision to sell the full set on Memory Lane's Summer Auction. Shipped it out last week.
    I thought long and hard about breaking up and selling individually but thinking this is my best bet
    Wish me luck and, as always, thanks for the great feedback from a well educated forum

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

I can't agree more on Steve Novella. So professional from both seller and buyer.
    From a buyers point of view there is none better.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Steve is a true gentleman but I didn't want to break up set and sell individually. Wanted a clean one-time transaction so decided on auction house and memory lane is where I landed