Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Mays Registry Question

Why is it that Aaron can have a Basic Set and a Topps Basic Set, but Mays only has a Basic Set?

I'm 4 cards away from completing my Mays Topps Set, but can only register it under the Basic Set which includes the 4 Bowmans and the Fleer, that I don't see myself chasing down.

At the end of the day, I don't mind having the incomplete Basic Set, but it sure would feel nice to see 100% completion.

The Aaron Basic Set only includes the 1 Bowman card, otherwise it's the same as the Topps Basic Set.

Just wondering if there's a reason why the Mays Basic Topps Set isn't an option. Quite possibly because it wouldn't include his true RC?

Thanks
Jim

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Jim,

My guess is that no one has ever approached PSA about creating one for Mays to mirror the Aaron set.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    I would just request it yourself...through the set reg main page.
  • Options
    No one has asked psa to set up. I figured this out a year ago when I started adding sets I wanted. Easy to do and find joy in starting something that others may collect at some point. I just asked for the mantle super set. For all cards after his playing years. Hard to believe that was never asked for before.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror the Aaron set. Have cert #'s for 5 different Mays cards you own for your set and request it. Like everybody else said, easy to do image