Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The 2001 Topps Chrome Football Official Thread ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At the present time I am the only one with a registered set on the 2001 Topps Chrome Refractor Rookies set.
As the title of the set states, it just includes the RCs. All the RCs are all refractors, #221-320.
This is the first modern set I've started. I started the set because it has a good selection of great players and they're all RCs.
Just wondering if anyone else has any interest in this set now or in the future.

Here is a link to my set:
2001 Topps Chrome

Comments

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff. I can't believe how much Richard Seymour 9's go for these days. $350??? Wow.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I can't believe how much Richard Seymour 9's go for these days. $350??? >>

I saw that, makes me want to sell mine.
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, good thread. I think this set will stand the test of time and get very popular once these guys start making the HOF.

In the last two years, I have gotten ridiculous amounts for Seymour, Justin Smith, and Reggie Wayne 9s and 10s. I don't blame the buyers, though. It is REALLY tough to find those cards centered.

Strangely enough, I feel like the monster RCs in the set have sold at exceptional value from time to time. I've been the underbidder on a bunch of great looking ungraded Brees/Tomlinson cards.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    People are spending big money on Justin Smith rookies?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
    Only those who collect key RCs of the best players of the decade at a position. image
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Only those who collect key RCs of the best players of the decade at a position. image >>

Darn straight, Smith is a beast.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • What do you think my 1 of 1 PSA 10 Steve Smith (Carolina/Baltimore) would go for?
    Wow is that card really only pop 1?! I'd definitely throw that one up on Ebay with a ridiculously high BINOBO and see what sort of interest it gets. Maybe after his next strong fantasy performance & win.