Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Bill Simmons Vists the National...

Bill Simmons visited the National and wrote about it in Grantland --

Grantland Column

The opening is classic --

Simmons: As for me, I wanted to find cool stuff for Grantland’s podcast studio that we could expense to ESPN without getting fired. That was my biggest goal, narrowly edging out “Get through two convention days without ever shaking hands with any collector wearing a Hawaiian shirt who also happened to be eating” and “Keep Rembert from spontaneously self-combusting.” Everyone has their own personal wheelhouse, and as we found during our two days in Cleveland, we had stumbled into the Rem Vortex.

And it gets better --

BS: Ever since the Browns drafted Johnny Manziel, we’ve seen (a) the Cavs win the draft lottery, (b) LeBron’s Heat get trounced in the Finals, (c) LeBron and Comic Dans Gilbert make up, (d) LeBron announce “I’m coming back to Cleveland,” (e) the Cavs get Kevin Love, and (f) hundreds and hundreds of socially awkward sports collectors descend on Cleveland for the collectors convention. IT’S THE SUMMER OF CLEVELAND!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    He even gives PSA a plug...

BS: I agree 100 million kajillion percent. Unless I see a PSA certificate or the person actually signing it, I don’t want auto’ed stuff.
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Just finished all 6 installments. Let's just say I'm not saving up for next year's National. Yikes!