Home PSA Set Registry Forum

When does hobby become and addiction

I will start...

1. When you return kids Christmas gifts to pay for paypal bill. Have not done this yet.
2. You are out to dinner with the one you love and try to hurry it up since you have an eBay bid spending and can't remember end time. Has crossed my mind.
3. When all cards look like a good deal at the time of buying. Then when they come in the mail you say what the heck was I thinking.

Comments

• kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    As soon as you attend your first National!
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    When you find yourself regularly posting on a sportscard bulletin board
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al

• << <i>As soon as you attend your first National! >>

LOL

When you go to your first National and you take your wife with you to PSA's luncheon!
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    When you sniff gum dust from vintage packs.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • As I read these...I am seeing my habits trending toward addiction
  • kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As soon as you attend your first National! >>

LOL

When you go to your first National and you take your wife with you to PSA's luncheon! >>

FYI My wife didn't go to the luncheon until my 3rd national. image
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Great comments.
  • I collect NFL HOF autographs. I define the difference : You are not truly an addict until you spend at least $1,000.00 for a single autograph. Yes, I have done this on numerous occasions.

What I need to know is, what is it called once you cross the $10,000.00 for a single autograph. ( But in my defense, I have only done this on ONE occasion )

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • A wealthy person...blessed to enjoy a fun but silly hobby in context to the world we live in.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I collect NFL HOF autographs. I define the difference : You are not truly an addict until you spend at least $1,000.00 for a single autograph. Yes, I have done this on numerous occasions.

What I need to know is, what is it called once you cross the $10,000.00 for a single autograph. ( But in my defense, I have only done this on ONE occasion )

Rocke >>

If the auto is of someone everyone has heard of, it's not addiction.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

• << <i>

<< <i>I collect NFL HOF autographs. I define the difference : You are not truly an addict until you spend at least $1,000.00 for a single autograph. Yes, I have done this on numerous occasions.

Rocke >>

If the auto is of someone everyone has heard of, it's not addiction.

Nick >>

Simply an investment!
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>When you sniff gum dust from vintage packs. >>

I've done this as recently as yesterday when opening up a few 1983 Topps packs. image

Snorto~
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you recommend a pizza to your spouse instead of going out to dinner on a Saturday night because you'd rather buy another 1975 cello pack with the difference.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>When you recommend a pizza to your spouse instead of going out to dinner on a Saturday night because you'd rather buy another 1975 cello pack with the difference. >>

That is moving to the dark sideimage
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    When you actually send in the $700 Tom brady autograph fee because the photos already on ebay for less then $350 from tri star look slightly faded... image
    Nathan Wagner
  • When you start to wonder if it's become an addiction, it's become an addiction.
    Dave Fanning
    dfanredsfan