Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

high value cards: to post pics or not to post pics?

was thinking about actually uploading my cards on the site to match my sets and just curious as to what the mass opinion was about posting pics (which obv have the cert numbers) to the site?

on one hand it's nice to see the cards next to the set, on the other hand I don't want to have my certs published and then faked....

Comments

• Options
    csakerscsakers Posts: 239
    How can the numbers be faked and for what purpose?

I have a lot of pictures of my cards included with my sets and have never run into any problems. I have not had much time lately, so I have fallen behind.
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
  • Options
    ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    I ran a post last week pros and cons of why not share the cards. You might want to look at reponses
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    well for instance ebay item #111407834760, fake "psa" 52 mantle...and this one is just a psa 2.

once they get your cert number they make a copy, thus verifying in the "cert verification" page. then creates a problem w. your real one when you decide to sell....
  • Options
    csakerscsakers Posts: 239
    You could always simply edit out the certification number, which would not be very difficult to accomplish. This way, you could still share your cards and their grades without having to worry.
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Great question. As previously mentioned, you can just white out the cert numbers. So let's see those scans.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with shag. Bring'em out, bring 'em out, bring 'em out. By high value, we talking Standard Biscuit Babe Ruth high value or 76 Brett PSA 9 high value? Curious so let the homies see somethin' image

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    just did my basic rose set ranked #3. impossible to catch number 1 or 2 spot simply because of the pops of the cards I need. but I would say high value (for me atleast)

Pete Rose Basic Topps Set

will do the Nolan Ryan #1 and #2 sets tonight. (just did ryan #1 set, with a few add ons!)

Nolan Ryan Basic Topps Set
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the PSA 9 Ryan rookie!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    thanks shag! the OPC and Milton Bradley versions are pretty rare in those grades as well. just got my Venezuelan raw card in the mail...think this completes all 4 versions of his rookie card.

will start on the basic topps mantle set as well....not complete, but some nice ones in there as well.
  • Options
    I agree with csakers--take pictures but hide the serial number if so desired. A couple of reasons for doing so may be to hide the buyer's (or your) identity or prevent somebody else for posting your card to their set. All anybody has to do is go to VCP and look at scans of sales/purchases of whatever card and then enter that serial number to your registry. If that card is already registered to a user they can go to the next scan. I know that sounds stupid and you're probably wondering why would anybody want a card on their registry when they don't own it but if you are close to an award and looking for that top spot, or if you only need a few more cards to get that completion percentage for some free submittals I can see that happening. When I get around to posting more of my pics I won't show the serial number from now on.
    1959 Topps baseball registry (master and basic)
    1980 Topps baseball registry (master and basic x 3)
    1975 Topps baseball registry
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Ryan set is outstanding, my friend-- superb work on the rookie run. That is an accurately graded MINT 9, which is amazing and harder to find than one might think-- I have seen my share of 9s with PD, tilt, and centering issues that either barely make the grade on a technical basis but do not look the part for the money. Just amazing work.

Instagram: mattyc_collection