Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1965-66 Topps Hockey

I just recently joined PSA and have made my first submission's for grading. I'm in the process of trying to put together a set of 1965-66 Topps Hockey passing time looking for singles acceptable for grading.I have noticed a few of the cards are quite scarce, but eventually I'm sure I will find them. I was hoping somebody here knows where to find a PSA dealer in Canada..I checked the PSA website but was unable to locate one. Any input would be helpful, as I'm new to collecting..Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with the set. Love it myself.
    Some Nice RC'S of HOFers, Gordie 600 goals is a toughie.
    Henderson is not a HOFer but his card is priced like it is then some!!!

TRy looking up Gerry's sportscards and Jasonssportscards from dorval Quebec

I have purchased quite a bit from them and they are great.
    Maybe they can help out in some way

There is a bunch of Canadians on these boards that might be able to help.

Also check out PWCC on ebay. He seems to have 65 HK PSA on very often

I just sold a gorgeous Andy Bathgate
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Thanks Jay0791 for the help with those card dealers in Canada, I will definitely be buying a few cards from them..Much appreciated...Suddenly collecting 65 Topps hockey just became a little easier..

Thanks
    Paul
  • Options
    I also collect 1965-66 Topps but mostly HOF players and Paul Henderson!

My 1965-66 Topps set
  • Options
    That Paul Henderson RC has pricing all over the place, that card is definitely in high demand, in any grade.. Luckily, I already have one. (PSA 7)..Why Paul Henderson is not in the hall of fame is beyond me..
  • Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just recently joined PSA and have made my first submission's for grading. I'm in the process of trying to put together a set of 1965-66 Topps Hockey passing time looking for singles acceptable for grading.I have noticed a few of the cards are quite scarce, but eventually I'm sure I will find them. I was hoping somebody here knows where to find a PSA dealer in Canada..I checked the PSA website but was unable to locate one. Any input would be helpful, as I'm new to collecting..Thanks in advance. >>

Hey smallpaul2002,

I found this old thread looking for Hockey topics. Wondering how your search for cards was going. I have a 1965-66 Topps registry set also, but it is not listed do to inactivity. I am mostly collecting this set for the TEAM CARDS, which brings me to my question. Have you seen many or any RANGERS team cards, not to many show up on eBay or at the few shows I attend.
  • Options
    Well since I made my first post I have made contact with many great collectors and dealers trying to fill this set..Having the cash to do so is also an issue sometimes(well, most of the time). At this point my set is about 85% complete, with all cards graded with a 7.90 GPA. I have definitely figured out what cards are tough to find, and the "short print" team Cards are very tough, Rangers, Red Wings and Bruins are 3 I'm still looking for, they are very tough to find in NM condition and centering of the white boarders is the usual suspect. I have been trying to put this set together for about 2 1/2 years now and to be honest it has been quite a challenge. I'm almost tempted to start putting together another set, but after talking to other long time collectors, they have told me to try and focus on one set at a time...So at this point I keep searching...

here is my current set

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetR...lbum.aspx?setid=162345
  • Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2017 8:10AM

good luck!

• Options

Well, it took close to 3 years but my set has been completed,,
    Here's the link to my set..

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/hockey/company-sets/1965-66-topps/album/162345

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Nice job on the Digital album .............very impressive Hockey Set !
    Congrats on completing it at 100% !
    Robbie

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on completing your set. :+1::+1:

Looks great with all the photos.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)