Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Roberto Clemente Basic registry

I'm very surprised there is not official Clemente basic registry thread. I decided to make one. Guys show off your Clemente's.
"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the upgrade...image

Here is my only Clemente from my HOF set...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice 59 and 63 Clemente's
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Amazing card, bobsbbcards! I'm not nearly as impressed with my '72 anymore. image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    All Clemente cards are inherently cool.
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Would somebody buy these please..............you're not going to find centering much better than this.........

1967 - $165 delivered
    1972 - $85 delivered
    1973 - sold

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobsbbcards, Sweet rookie. Great looking card.
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Sweet cards guys from one of the best. Here is mine.

Jeff

• jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Here is another one of my favorites of him. This one is a double if any of you guys need.

Jeff

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sweet cards guys from one of the best. Here is mine.

Jeff

image >>

WOW!! Absolutely beautiful. You should send that in for review.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>Here is another one of my favorites of him. This one is a double if any of you guys need.

Jeff

image >>

Jeff,
    Nice Clemente poster. PSA really seems to grade these and other Football posters very harshly. Your PSA 5 looks much nicer. Is there a problem with it that doesn't show up in the scan? It looks like a NM poster to me. I don't see any tears, rips, pin holes, or other than the usual folds.

• This beauty showed up in the mail today. I had been looking for a PSA 8 copy of this card that I liked for more than two years, and never found one. I am looking no more!

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

Jason..... WOW what a great looking 63, talk about rich and beautiful color. Outstanding pickup
    Your two year wait was well worth it! Hell of a nice 63!
  • After a year, this thread is getting some much needed love. Hard to say which Clemente I like best - but this one ranks high on the list:

• GO BOB GO!

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • It's a flurry of Clemente basic set activity!!!
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this 58 from BPorter. The 64 is one of my favorites.
    Sorry my scans are bad.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Here's another gem:

Fresh from trip back from Newport Beach, I was hoping this would bump again to a 8. I did get my 64 Clemente bumped from 8 to 8.5! This is my favorite.

• Matt, I will never get tired of seeing that card. Stunning.

Edited to add: Congrats on the '64 bump! No wonder you didn't want to sell it to me.image
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• This isn't new..... just one of my favorites!

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

Jason..... I love your '58. Great card!!!! Do you have a rookie yet?

• << <i>Do you have a rookie yet? >>

Nope not yet. The rookie is probably a few years away, since I'm going to want a 7 or 7.5.
    I'm guessing that either the rookie or the '66 will be the last one I need, when it comes down to it. I've never seen a '66 that would make me happy for sale.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

Great looking 58 Jason. Be patient on the 66, it will come around.
  • Thanks for the encouragement. The fact that I finally found the right '63 (even if I had to pay through the frickin' nose for it) gives me hope that someday the right '66 will come along.

Really nice PSA 7 Clemente rookies don't appear to be all that hard to find; they're just incredibly expensive. image
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

<< <i>Really nice PSA 7 Clemente rookies don't appear to be all that hard to find; they're just incredibly expensive. >>

Yea and they keep going up. That was a $2000 card when I first started looking for my Clemente. You can't touch a 7 for $2K any longer.
  • My favorite Clemente !

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.collectorfocus.com/...tion/svtPONY95/pre-war">Pre war
  • Finally got my very own Clemente rookie...

Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
    Congrats on the pickup that's a nice looking 7
  • Thanks! I wish I had pulled the trigger on your 1958 Clemente earlier this year...

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • I was neck-and-neck with you on the Clemente basic registry.... but you just left me in your dust! Great pickup- congratulations!
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Thanks Jason. It was one of those times I was able to not get distracted by so many other pieces of cardboard. I lost out on a few Clementes and still regret not getting BPorter26's 1958 Clemente image

• Has anyone noticed the prices on 56 Clemente PSA 8's
    I have not seen one go for less than $1000 on eBay this year.
  • image I got this Clemente at a show in Feb.

<< <i>I got this Clemente at a show in Feb. >>

Jim, Its nice to see that you found your way to the boards. We met at the Feb (Metrolina Show). We had a long discussion at Greg/Ed's table about our Clemente sets. Very nice RC. Nice to know 33% of the 7.5 populations reside in Charlotte. Got one in transit that I will post in the next few days, that you will appreciate. Again, Welcome to the boards.

• Thanks Matt. I remember talking with you in Charlotte. It is cool that 2 of the 7.5 are in Charlotte. I have been in the registry sense 2005 I regret taking so long to get on the message board. I look forward to seeing your Clemente. Also my Clemente rookie is the one Craig had and I gave up too much! But I love the card.
    New Addition to my modest Clemente collection. I regretted selling my 56 when I sold off some of my Clemente cards, and have always really wanted the tougher gray back, as mine was the white back. I paid a hefty price for it, but really happy to have this card back in my collection.

• Matt, Great card it is hard to find one with perfect centering like that. I know what you mean I traded my 56 Clemente PSA 8 in February along with a couple other cards to get the 7.5 Rookie. But I was lucky and Craig still had it at the april Charlotte show and I bought it back. Here is my 56

• I won this Rookie on eBay last month

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Great cards, everyone. Matt, I'm glad you got a new '56 to replace this one:

I'm still looking for PSA 8's for 1955, 1958, 1959, and 1971 to complete my basic set in 8's. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nathanael
      Great looking cards guys. There's days I regret selling off my basic Clemente set, but I did keep these for my PC.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Heres a couple Clementes I have scanned at the moment!

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    • Great cards everyone!! One of my favorite players when I was a kid......image
      Collecting 1962-1985 Topps Baseball with an emphasis on the 70's!

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/MemberImageGallery.aspx?m=8724
      Nice Clemente RC, presents a heck of a lot better than a 1.5.

I love the 73 card, I will pick up a 9 sooner or later.

I need that white back card now Nathaniel, so I have the pair. Will find a white to pair with it one day.

• One of my favorite Roberto Clemente cards. I sent it for review but no bump.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
      What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    • Just got this Clemente in the mail today.

Really nice 59 Jim!