Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Roberto Clemente Basic registry

I'm very surprised there is not official Clemente basic registry thread. I decided to make one. Guys show off your Clemente's.
"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the upgrade...image

Here is my only Clemente from my HOF set...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice 59 and 63 Clemente's
  • Options
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    Amazing card, bobsbbcards! I'm not nearly as impressed with my '72 anymore. image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    All Clemente cards are inherently cool.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Would somebody buy these please..............you're not going to find centering much better than this.........

1967 - $165 delivered
    1972 - $85 delivered
    1973 - sold

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobsbbcards, Sweet rookie. Great looking card.
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Sweet cards guys from one of the best. Here is mine.

Jeff

• Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Here is another one of my favorites of him. This one is a double if any of you guys need.

Jeff

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sweet cards guys from one of the best. Here is mine.

Jeff

image >>

WOW!! Absolutely beautiful. You should send that in for review.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>Here is another one of my favorites of him. This one is a double if any of you guys need.

Jeff

image >>

Jeff,
    Nice Clemente poster. PSA really seems to grade these and other Football posters very harshly. Your PSA 5 looks much nicer. Is there a problem with it that doesn't show up in the scan? It looks like a NM poster to me. I don't see any tears, rips, pin holes, or other than the usual folds.

• Options
    This beauty showed up in the mail today. I had been looking for a PSA 8 copy of this card that I liked for more than two years, and never found one. I am looking no more!

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    Jason..... WOW what a great looking 63, talk about rich and beautiful color. Outstanding pickup
  • Options
    Your two year wait was well worth it! Hell of a nice 63!
  • Options
    After a year, this thread is getting some much needed love. Hard to say which Clemente I like best - but this one ranks high on the list:

• Options
    GO BOB GO!

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    It's a flurry of Clemente basic set activity!!!
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this 58 from BPorter. The 64 is one of my favorites.
    Sorry my scans are bad.

• Options
    Here's another gem:

• Options
    Fresh from trip back from Newport Beach, I was hoping this would bump again to a 8. I did get my 64 Clemente bumped from 8 to 8.5! This is my favorite.

• Options
    Matt, I will never get tired of seeing that card. Stunning.

Edited to add: Congrats on the '64 bump! No wonder you didn't want to sell it to me.image
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    This isn't new..... just one of my favorites!

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    Jason..... I love your '58. Great card!!!! Do you have a rookie yet?
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have a rookie yet? >>

Nope not yet. The rookie is probably a few years away, since I'm going to want a 7 or 7.5.
    I'm guessing that either the rookie or the '66 will be the last one I need, when it comes down to it. I've never seen a '66 that would make me happy for sale.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    Great looking 58 Jason. Be patient on the 66, it will come around.
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. The fact that I finally found the right '63 (even if I had to pay through the frickin' nose for it) gives me hope that someday the right '66 will come along.

Really nice PSA 7 Clemente rookies don't appear to be all that hard to find; they're just incredibly expensive. image
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options

<< <i>Really nice PSA 7 Clemente rookies don't appear to be all that hard to find; they're just incredibly expensive. >>

Yea and they keep going up. That was a $2000 card when I first started looking for my Clemente. You can't touch a 7 for $2K any longer.
  • Options
    My favorite Clemente !

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.collectorfocus.com/...tion/svtPONY95/pre-war">Pre war
  • Options
    Finally got my very own Clemente rookie...

Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    Congrats on the pickup that's a nice looking 7
  • Options
    Thanks! I wish I had pulled the trigger on your 1958 Clemente earlier this year...

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    I was neck-and-neck with you on the Clemente basic registry.... but you just left me in your dust! Great pickup- congratulations!
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    Thanks Jason. It was one of those times I was able to not get distracted by so many other pieces of cardboard. I lost out on a few Clementes and still regret not getting BPorter26's 1958 Clemente image

• Options
    Has anyone noticed the prices on 56 Clemente PSA 8's
    I have not seen one go for less than $1000 on eBay this year.
  • Options
    image I got this Clemente at a show in Feb.
  • Options

<< <i>I got this Clemente at a show in Feb. >>

Jim, Its nice to see that you found your way to the boards. We met at the Feb (Metrolina Show). We had a long discussion at Greg/Ed's table about our Clemente sets. Very nice RC. Nice to know 33% of the 7.5 populations reside in Charlotte. Got one in transit that I will post in the next few days, that you will appreciate. Again, Welcome to the boards.

• Options
    Thanks Matt. I remember talking with you in Charlotte. It is cool that 2 of the 7.5 are in Charlotte. I have been in the registry sense 2005 I regret taking so long to get on the message board. I look forward to seeing your Clemente. Also my Clemente rookie is the one Craig had and I gave up too much! But I love the card.
  • Options
    New Addition to my modest Clemente collection. I regretted selling my 56 when I sold off some of my Clemente cards, and have always really wanted the tougher gray back, as mine was the white back. I paid a hefty price for it, but really happy to have this card back in my collection.

• Options
    Matt, Great card it is hard to find one with perfect centering like that. I know what you mean I traded my 56 Clemente PSA 8 in February along with a couple other cards to get the 7.5 Rookie. But I was lucky and Craig still had it at the april Charlotte show and I bought it back. Here is my 56

• Options
    I won this Rookie on eBay last month

• Options
      FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Great cards, everyone. Matt, I'm glad you got a new '56 to replace this one:

I'm still looking for PSA 8's for 1955, 1958, 1959, and 1971 to complete my basic set in 8's. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nathanael
    • Options
      Great looking cards guys. There's days I regret selling off my basic Clemente set, but I did keep these for my PC.

• Options
      orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Heres a couple Clementes I have scanned at the moment!

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    • Options
      Great cards everyone!! One of my favorite players when I was a kid......image
      Collecting 1962-1985 Topps Baseball with an emphasis on the 70's!

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/MemberImageGallery.aspx?m=8724
    • Options
      Nice Clemente RC, presents a heck of a lot better than a 1.5.

I love the 73 card, I will pick up a 9 sooner or later.

I need that white back card now Nathaniel, so I have the pair. Will find a white to pair with it one day.

• Options
      One of my favorite Roberto Clemente cards. I sent it for review but no bump.

• Options
      orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
      What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    • Options
      Just got this Clemente in the mail today.

• Options
      Really nice 59 Jim!