Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Is this Superbowl Ticket real?

I'm selling some stuff for a friend of mine and he has this ticket that he doesn't know if it's real or not. If anyone knows what it is, your help is appriciated. Thanks!

Comments

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Here's a very helpful site for determining fake (block tickets) versus the real thing.

Mark

Super Bowl Tickets

Edited to say:
    Click on the 'Home' button on the link above and then click on the 'Replica Tickets' button. Yours isn't real, unfortunately.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link, great website. Well it looks basically the same but all fakes do. One difference I noticed is the number "8" on this ticket looks different than the "8" on that ticket on the website. I'm guessing it's a reprint but if anyone who is knowledgable knows definately, please chime in. Thanks
  • cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Found this thread which applies to my question so thought I would simply add to it. Any old Boston Garden attendees know anything about these Bruins tickets? Been to many events at the Garden and I always remember the rows as letters for everything but Loge sections. Also, a Section G in the balcony? Stadium Section R? Never heard of these. Any assistance appreciated.

Boston Garden - Balcony Section G?

Boston Garden - Stadium Section R?
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Found this thread which applies to my question so thought I would simply add to it. Any old Boston Garden attendees know anything about these Bruins tickets? Been to many events at the Garden and I always remember the rows as letters for everything but Loge sections. Also, a Section G in the balcony? Stadium Section R? Never heard of these. Any assistance appreciated.

Boston Garden - Stadium Section R? >>

Hey cards651
    I had season tickets to the Bruins back in the Old Garden, and I know the Balcony Sections where NUMBERED and the Rows where LETTERED and the Seats where NUMBERED. Example: Section 65 Row H Seats 1&2
    I tried to "google" an old seating chart and could not find one, if I can find my old tickets I will post a picture.
    As far as the Stadium sections, I believe they where numbered also. A lot of Beers consumed back then, details are a little hazy.
    Hope this helps.

<< <i>Found this thread which applies to my question so thought I would simply add to it. Any old Boston Garden attendees know anything about these Bruins tickets? Been to many events at the Garden and I always remember the rows as letters for everything but Loge sections. Also, a Section G in the balcony? Stadium Section R? Never heard of these. Any assistance appreciated.

Boston Garden - Stadium Section R? >>

Hey cards651.
    I had season tickets to the Bruins in the Old Garden and know that the Balcony Sections where NUMBERED, the Rows where LETTERED and the Seats where NUMBERED (Section 65_Row H_Seats 1&2).
    If I remember correctly the Stadium Sections where also Numbered, a lot of Beers back then, memory a little fuzzy.
    If I can find any of my old tickets I will post a picture.
    Hope this helps.
    WHOOPS! Double Post
    My computer said I "Timed Out"
    Thanks, clarke442. Agreed. I had Bruins season tickets in the '80s and all of the stubs I have match with what you're saying. Didn't know if there was a small chance that the whole seating numbering was changed in the '90s so thought I would ask. Have been picking up a few tickets here and there. Pretty interesting but market seems flooded with reproductions, fakes etc. Thanks for the help.
    I have another ticket question (and I'm too lazy to contact PSA...) -- Any idea how PSA 'grades' full tickets with no seat numbers? There are a ton of these floating around on eBay. They are basically sample tickets, oftentimes full sheets of season tickets, but they are not 'real' in the sense that they could never get you into a game. I don't think they are 'phantom' tickets because the game was actually played. Any help appreciated.
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Not Valid for Admission - this is the case with most the proof tickets I've seen. PSA notes it on the slab. Game can be played but without seat numbers this is it.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

Makes sense. Thanks. There are so many variables with tickets that make it a little tricky. A fun sideline but I'll never pour much money into it. Thanks for your help. - Kevin