Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Basketball HOF Autographs Thread

Hi Guys!

I thought I would start this because there seems to be some interest in this set lately. I've been working on the HOF football set for about 3 years now, and want to focus some of my attention on this set. With the recent Chronology release, I would really like to pick some of the players that now have certified autographs. Hopefully, we can show off our latest pickups and help each other out.

Unfortunately, I do NOT have anything graded, but I do have autographs of:
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Nate Archibald
Paul Arizin
Rick Barry
Elgin Baylor
Walt Bellamy
Dave Bing
Larry Bird
Bob Cousy
Dave Cowens
Billy Cunningham
Dave Debusschere
Clyde Drexler
Joe Dumars
Alex English
Julius Erving
Walt Frazier
Harry Gallatin
George Gervin
Tom Gola
Gail Goodrich
Hal Greer
John Havilceck
Connie Hawkins
Elvin Hayes
Tommy Heinsohn
Magic Johnson
Bob Kurland
Bob Lanier
Clyde Loverette
Jerry Lucas
Ed Macauley
Moses Malone
Ann Meyers
George Mikan
Earl Monroe
Robert Parish
Bob Pettit
Frank Ramsey
Willis Reed
Oscar Robertson
Bill Russell
Dolph Schayes
Bill Sharman
Isiah Thomas
David Thompson
Jack Twyman
Wes Unseld
Bill Walton
Bob Wanzer
Jerry West
Dominique Wilkens
Lenny Wilkens
John Wooden
James Worthy

Hopefully, others will chime in with what they have and what they are looking for. Does anyone have a list of the players that are impossible (unless a future "cut" card card is created) because they died before every having a card created?

Reese
Collecting the following autographed sets:
HOF RC Auto Set
1955 Topps Football AA
1950 Bowman Football
1951 Bowman Football
1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
Please be sure to check out my auctions!

Comments

• Virtually impossible cards from the Basketball Players Hall Of Fame.
    Tom Barlow,John Beckman,Joe Brennan,Chuck Cooper,Joan Crawford,Denise Curry,Drazen Dalipaic,Paul Endacott,Max Friedman,Lauren Gale,Marques Haynes,William Johnson,Ed Krause,Hortecia De Fatima Marcari,Jack McCracken,Bob McDermott,Harlan Page,John Russell,Ernest Schmidt,John Schommer,Barney Sedran,Chris Steinmetz and Nera White.
    ( I know what your thinking. "Who the hell are these people" LOL

Possibly signed a card of theirs during their lifetimes.
    Signed 1933 Sports Kings of Nat Holman,Joe Lapchick or Ed Wachter
    Signed 1948 Bowman of Bob Davies,Joe Fulks or Jim Pollard
    Signed 1957 Topps of Neil Johnston or Maurice Stokes.
    Signed 1968-74 Hall Of fame Bookmarks of Forrest Debernardi,Dutch Dehnert,Vic Hanson,Chuck Hyatt,Branch McCracken or John Roosma.
    Signed WNBA Lynette Woodard

With its Pre NBA/International and Female players the Basketball HOF players set is to put it lightly a challenge to collect
  • I've been working on this project for many years now and I'm just looking for 3x5's and signatures from old autograph books. The good part about the HOF Contributors is that very few people know who they are. I've been lucky to pick up a few toughies this way. Here are a few from my collection:

Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭

<< <i>Virtually impossible cards from the Basketball Players Hall Of Fame.
    Tom Barlow,John Beckman,Joe Brennan,Chuck Cooper,Joan Crawford,Denise Curry,Drazen Dalipaic,Paul Endacott,Max Friedman,Lauren Gale,Marques Haynes,William Johnson,Ed Krause,Hortecia De Fatima Marcari,Jack McCracken,Bob McDermott,Harlan Page,John Russell,Ernest Schmidt,John Schommer,Barney Sedran,Chris Steinmetz and Nera White.
    ( I know what your thinking. "Who the hell are these people" LOL

Possibly signed a card of theirs during their lifetimes.
    Signed 1933 Sports Kings of Nat Holman,Joe Lapchick or Ed Wachter
    Signed 1948 Bowman of Bob Davies,Joe Fulks or Jim Pollard
    Signed 1957 Topps of Neil Johnston or Maurice Stokes.
    Signed 1968-74 Hall Of fame Bookmarks of Forrest Debernardi,Dutch Dehnert,Vic Hanson,Chuck Hyatt,Branch McCracken or John Roosma.
    Signed WNBA Lynette Woodard

With its Pre NBA/International and Female players the Basketball HOF players set is to put it lightly a challenge to collect >>

Goodlieu,

Thanks for the information. You are absolutely correct! I have no idea who most of these players are! LOL I haven't really had a chance to sit down and do the research I should. I was born in 1982, so before decided to start this I focused on the HOF players from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. These are the guys I grew up watching, and for the most part, many of the certified autos were what I considered to be undervalued and underappreciated.

Are you collecting autos on any medium or is your focus strictly cards? I prefer cards, but for some of the players you have listed I may try for index cards, photos, or anything I can find. I think I am ready for the challenge, and I can't wait to get it started!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>I've been working on this project for many years now and I'm just looking for 3x5's and signatures from old autograph books. The good part about the HOF Contributors is that very few people know who they are. I've been lucky to pick up a few toughies this way. Here are a few from my collection: >>

Wow Ptper!!!!

You have an amazing collection. I had to save all of your pics to my hard drive to use for reference. Of all the HOF players in this set, who would you consider the rarest?

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Reese,

Thanks for the kind words. Of the 1960s to 1990s HOFers, I would not classify any of them as rare. As a matter of fact, they are all fairly easy. Even Maravich, Chamberlain and Russell far easier than any of the pre-NBA players. The rare ones are the pre-NBA players like John Schommer, Barney Sedran, Chris Steinmetz and others like them.

When you get into the Contributors list of HOFers, then the rarities abound. Luther Gulick was a contemporary of James Naismith, and I've seen dozens of Naismith autographs and never a Gulick. He died in 1918. Senda Berenson Abbott, the Mother of Women's Basketball died in 1954, but even so, the chances of my seeing an autograph of hers is almost zero. I think one just has to get real lucky to find one of these people.

If you would like to see any others, please let me know and I'll scan them for you.
  • PTPER your collection is super and like you I have some of the same cards on Index and photos but the one Sig I see in your collection that Is very rare and tough is the Lew Alcindor Index card.
    As most BBall fanatics know Kareem at least to my knowlege does not sign his Christian name after he converted to the Muslim faith so you rarely see it. I am in the process of sending in some of my index/Photos into PSA/DNA with the intention of requesting a Basketball Hall Of Fame Autograph set (Any Medium) to display autographs that in my opinion will never make it to the card format (Cut Sig Cards). BTW very envious of the Barlow and Brennan very very tough in any medium. Again really nice.
    Wow, guys this is all great information. This is the kind of stuff I was hoping to learn from this thread. That's the first time I've seen a Lew Alcindor signature. Very very sweet.

I was able to find a few of the items on Goodlieu's list:

Paul Endacott Index:$10
    Lauren Gale Index: $15
    Bob Davies Index: $75

These are all BIN's on ebay. What do you guys think? I'm sure if I waited I could get them cheaper, but this would give me a start. I don't have a Tuff Stuff, so I'm not sure value wise what they are worth.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Reese the Endacott and the Lauren "Laddie" Gale are fair but I think the Davies is a little high. By the way I have a extra Harold "Bud" Foster on a index card that you can have if you want it no charge to get you started. Go to my HOF registry and email me with your address.
    Art
  • Reese,

You can probably get the Gale and Endacott for half of that price. In my experience they just are not that hard, especially on an index card. The Davies is insanely high. You should be able to get one for $15-20, if not less, pretty easily.

Let me say at this point that I rarely collect any basketball autograph that is already graded. After doing this for 25 years, I think I have enough knowledge to spot a forgery. And I do not think someone else's opinion changes a $15 autograph into a $75 autograph. But that's just me.

Trust me, I know it's difficult, but try to have some patience. It will really save you some money in the long run.

Here's a list I compiled for Jeff Mullen a few years ago. It has not been updated in a while, but the general information is still good. It is not quite a 1-10 rating, but close. Click on the Autographs link on the right side.

Rating 1-3 These are easy autographs and you should not overpay for any of them. Naturally Bill Russell (3) will sell for a lot more than Rick Barry (1), but those players rated 1-3 have almost more supply than demand. Even with the untimely passing of Dave DeBusschere, his autograph should not be considered difficult.

Rating 4-7 These are tougher and will take some work or more money to find. Maravich and Chamberlain head the list for obvious reasons. Some of my 7's could possibly be 8's now, some 4 years later. It's likely you will find these on the HOF First Day Covers from 1961.

Rating 8-9 These are getting to the verge of impossible. Many people don't even know that these are HOFers. They are mainly old time coaches and contributors. Many of the contributors were administrators who rarely signed "fan mail" type autographs. Your best bet with these people would be on a school or company document. But, again, these are nearly impossible.

Rating 10 I doubt that I will ever see even a copy of one of these. I don't think the Hall of Fame has signatures of Luther Gulick, Senda Abbott, Arthur Trester and other contributors. So the chances of them ending up in the hands of a collector is extremely remote.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other information.

Basketball Autograph Rarity List

<< <i>Reese the Endacott and the Lauren "Laddie" Gale are fair but I think the Davies is a little high. By the way I have a extra Harold "Bud" Foster on a index card that you can have if you want it no charge to get you started. Go to my HOF registry and email me with your address.
    Art >>

Art,

Thank you so very much. That is very nice of you. I have to run to work now, but when I get home I'll send you an email. There are so many great board members here always willing to help, and it makes this place great. Thanks again, you have just made my day image

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    ptper,

I have decided to pass on all three of the signatures. I will take your advice and just be patient. Thank you very much for the link to your website. That is going to be a great tool for me to use as reference.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Hey Reese, hey Goodlieu and hello for the first time to Ptperimage Love this thread! Actualy I was gona start it at some point so you beat me to it LOL. Lots of great info but I know nothing of most of those rare people you mentioned. I have nothing against index cards but I really love to collect autos only in card form. My latest pick up is a Chick Hearn 1991 Starline Autograph, what do you guys think?

I'll keep checking back at this great thread to add some new pick ups, cards I have for trade/sale, cards I need or anything HOF Autographs basicly lol. Reese, thanks again for this threadimage
  • I really like that auto Sport, nice pick up of a Legendary/Deceased Basketball announcer. I would send that in for PSA/DNA authentication ASAP.
    Giovanni,

Good to have you on board. Nice job on picking up Chick Hearn. Keep us posted on what you pick up. I'm still looking for a nice Maravich auto.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>I really like that auto Sport, nice pick up of a Legendary/Deceased Basketball announcer. I would send that in for PSA/DNA authentication ASAP. >>

Hey Art, Thanks. Whats going on man? Anything new for the collection yet? Thats all I got lately, haven't been on the hunt lately, maybe soon. I like to stretch the time you know lol, if I get them all now, what will I do later? I like to get a new card every once in a while to make it more fun. Yeah I wana get that psadna, do you know how much they would charge me? I wana get that auto grade only thing, the card looks kinda banged up but I like the auto. Did you see that ugly looking cut auto that sold for over $1,100? If that pice of cut would have been more decent then that card would have been out of this world but they so poorly did it so it made it look so ungly in my opinion. I can find the link to that auction anymore but it was the Chronology cut numbered 1 OF 2.

You know one of the under bidders for that Chick Hearn Chronology cut contacted me recently about my Jeannette Great Cuts and he offered me $750.00 for it but I coulnd't let it go. He also collects Basketball HOF Autographs and I hear he has a pritty nice collection, very nice guy too, hope he joins this thread some time, I don't think he has a PSA user name for these boards but I will definetly let him know about this thread in my next email to him. This guy actualy beat me to the Red Holzman 2005-06 Greats of the Game Great Cuts numbered 2 OF 2. I have been trying to see if I can find that Jeannette 3 OF 3 but I can't seem to find that seller of the card. Ok, laterimage

• << <i>Giovanni,

Good to have you on board. Nice job on picking up Chick Hearn. Keep us posted on what you pick up. I'm still looking for a nice Maravich auto.

Reese >>

Hey Reese, great to be on board, I can already see it, this is gona be a start of a very cool threadimage Thanks, I really loved that card when I saw it. Don't have the $1100+ for that Chronology cut so this one as to do. Yeah that Maravich is another expensive one, exspecialy those cut cards. Any auto really of Maravich goes for big bucks wheather its an index card or check or whatever. I'm hoping for the day to get a Chamberlain auto. I see Goodlieu has a Chamberlain Inkredible and also Mobilizebob, I don't ant to be left outimage Oh well, one of these days I guess.
  • By the way guys, i'm looking for any Paul Arizin autos. Do you have one for trade or sale? I am trying to build a set of Arizin autos, let me know who you would want to trade it for or how much if you were selling it. Just give me a list of players your looking to trade for it if you have one.
    Someone offered you $750 for a Buddy Jeannette Cuts card and you didn't take it? Isn't his auto pretty easy to find? I know the action packed auto sells for less than $20.

I am so pissed about the Wilt Chamberlain Retro card. I had 2 chances to buy it a couple of years ago. Once was at the National, I had made a deal with a guy in which we agreed on a price of $450. I went to get some cash from the ATM, and while I was gone someone bought it for $500. image

The next time, I was at a card shop here in Indy and they had one for $600. I thought it was a little too much at the time so I passed. I figured I could pick it up off ebay cheaper. The next week it was gone, and Beckett ran a whole article about Chamberlain autos. They moved the price up to something like $1000-1200. Since that article, I've never seen one go for less than $1200.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Someone offered you $750 for a Buddy Jeannette Cuts card and you didn't take it? Isn't his auto pretty easy to find? I know the action packed auto sells for less than $20.

I am so pissed about the Wilt Chamberlain Retro card. I had 2 chances to buy it a couple of years ago. Once was at the National, I had made a deal with a guy in which we agreed on a price of $450. I went to get some cash from the ATM, and while I was gone someone bought it for $500. image

The next time, I was at a card shop here in Indy and they had one for $600. I thought it was a little too much at the time so I passed. I figured I could pick it up off ebay cheaper. The next week it was gone, and Beckett ran a whole article about Chamberlain autos. They moved the price up to something like $1000-1200. Since that article, I've never seen one go for less than $1200.

Reese >>

Yep $750 and he even said if the offer is to low to counter offer him but I told him that the card is for my Set Registry so I really can't let it go. We did leave eachother on a good note, he a very nice guy, usual people don't understand if you turn down their offer. The difference between the Jeannette Grat Cuts and the Action Packed is just like the difference between a Wilt Chamberlain Inkredible which books for $1,900.00 and this Chamberlain Auto Chamberlain Auto

You know how mamy times i've missed those Chmaberlain autos tooimage I remember when they were $300 to $400 each and now it dosen't go under $1,500! Its not like their serial numbered, theres probably like 1000 to 3000 of each the Inkredible and the Epic, not to mention the Epic Century numbered to 100 and then the Inkredible Level 2 to 13, and a few other similar to action packed type autos too, I think he has 2 or 3 autos that are similar to the action pack level.

<< <i>Yep $750 and he even said if the offer is to low to counter offer him but I told him that the card is for my Set Registry so I really can't let it go. We did leave eachother on a good note, he a very nice guy, usual people don't understand if you turn down their offer. The difference between the Jeannette Grat Cuts and the Action Packed is just like the difference between a Wilt Chamberlain Inkredible which books for $1,900.00 and this Chamberlain Auto Chamberlain Auto

You know how mamy times i've missed those Chmaberlain autos tooimage I remember when they were $300 to $400 each and now it dosen't go under $1,500! Its not like their serial numbered, theres probably like 1000 to 3000 of each the Inkredible and the Epic, not to mention the Epic Century numbered to 100 and then the Inkredible Level 2 to 13, and a few other similar to action packed type autos too, I think he has 2 or 3 autos that are similar to the action pack level. >>

Ok, so I take it your only collecting certified autos from Topps, Upper Deck, ect for your set. Correct??? I'm just curious, how do you intend to fill the holes with players with no cut or certified cards? This was how I started working on my Football HOF Auto set, until I realized how much more money I was paying for the cuts cards, as opposed to a vintage PSA/DNA. I guess I don't care what things are numbered, as long as the signature is bold and without imperfections. To me, all that matters is having the autograph, not upper deck telling me something is a 1 of 1, when the player signed a million things.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the Jeannette? I remember watching one a while back, and I think it sold in the $150-200 range.

Take care,
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • << Ok, so I take it your only collecting certified autos from Topps, Upper Deck, ect for your set. Correct??? I'm just curious, how do you intend to fill the holes with players with no cut or certified cards? This was how I started working on my Football HOF Auto set, until I realized how much more money I was paying for the cuts cards, as opposed to a vintage PSA/DNA. I guess I don't care what things are numbered, as long as the signature is bold and without imperfections. To me, all that matters is having the autograph, not upper deck telling me something is a 1 of 1, when the player signed a million things.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the Jeannette? I remember watching one a while back, and I think it sold in the $150-200 range. >>

Hey Reese, yeah I like collecting only UD, Fleer and Topps only, however I did recently get my hands on that Chick Hearn which is not from any of the major companies. That ungly looking Chronology of Hearn numbered to 2 recently sold for over $1100 and I don't think the other one is gona come up anytime soon so I bought that 1991 Starline Auto. If the player dosen't have a certified auto then I will wait till a card comes up like the one I got for Chick Hearn.

I care very much if something is numbered. Remember I am a card collector, not an index card, autographed picture frame or anythng else, I am originaly a card collector. So whats better than being a Basketball card collector? Well, to me its Autographed cards, not index cards or anything else. I have nothing against index cards, if thats your thing then its your thing, its just not mine. Card collecting as been a big thing since the 1800's and keeps getting bigger and better. Now to me collecting the same cards as a million other people is just plain boring. People who collect the same vintage cards, only in better condition than the next person is just to boring and plain for me. I used to be a collector of non-auto and non-jersey cards but it started getting boring.

So now, all I do is autographed cards because its more exciting! See with autographed cards, its fun because you can get many different autographed cards for each player, you don't have to have the same exact card as the next collector of your same set you collect. This makes it 100 times more fun than just the same card over and over again, only in better condition. I love cards period! So the only think that can be better than a card to me is an autographed card. To me if a card is numbered 1 OF 1 or 1 OF 20 is a very great thing to have, its a beautiful looking card to begin with and not to mention that they only made 20 of those cards and then you smack an auto on it and you got something exciting, not boring. Actualy i'm not really a fan of 1 OF 1's because only one person can have it LOL, I like when theres at least 3 cards like my Jeannette, now 3 people can have that card and lets see who gets the best looking auto of the 3, you know what i mean?

After all, Wilt Chamberlain has a Trillion things signed in his carrer and his Retro Inkredible auto thats not numbered and probably have about 1000 to 3000 of them sells for $1,900.00. Then you get a Wilt Chamberlain index card and you can find it on ebay for $79 to $300 tops. You those index cards come up more than his Inkredible and theres pleanty of Inkredibles out there. Basicly when it all comes down to it, I think people would want an autographed card and not an index card but please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against index cards, I just like cards better, I never really thought about colecting index cards, never caught my attention and probably never will, I am a card collector only with a twist(AUTO LOL). And whats better than a signed card? Well my answer is a Certified card and not a signed in person card but of course I did make the exception for the Chick Hearn which I posted a scan on this thread, that one was signed in person and I personal think it looks 10 times better than the ungly looking Chronology cut that sold for over $1100.

I got a good trade for that Jeannette, I remember a guy back some time ago tried to sell his on for $500 first bid and I missed that one, it was number 3 OF 3. Yeah that guy offered me $750 for it and even told me to counter offer him if I thought it was low but I can't let that card go, not with that piece of college document on it with a beautiful auto and inscription type thing. Sorry for typping to much, just trying to let everybody nderstand were i'm coming from.

By the way, got back 2 cards today for the set, i'll try to add scans here when I get the chanceimage
    I would rather have a card signed as well. I only use index cards if I can't find a vintage card or "cuts" card. My only concern with modern cards is that they won't hold there value. Take the Jeannette for example. Say the document that was cut was worth $100 before it was cut. Upper Deck buys the document, cuts it up, and numbers it to 3. How does it become a $750 card? There are probably thousands of Jeannette autos out there. Its not just your card, its all of the cuts cards. They tend to sell for several times more than what the signature was originally worth.

I wasn't criticizing what you like, just trying to figure out how you were going to complete the set when you pick up all the certified autos that are out there. We all have to collect what makes us happy. I wish you nothing but the best with this very challenging set and I hope you will keep us updated with all of your purchases image

Reese

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>I would rather have a card signed as well. I only use index cards if I can't find a vintage card or "cuts" card. My only concern with modern cards is that they won't hold there value. Take the Jeannette for example. Say the document that was cut was worth $100 before it was cut. Upper Deck buys the document, cuts it up, and numbers it to 3. How does it become a $750 card? There are probably thousands of Jeannette autos out there. Its not just your card, its all of the cuts cards. They tend to sell for several times more than what the signature was originally worth.

I wasn't criticizing what you like, just trying to figure out how you were going to complete the set when you pick up all the certified autos that are out there. We all have to collect what makes us happy. I wish you nothing but the best with this very challenging set and I hope you will keep us updated with all of your purchases image

Reese >>

Hey Reese, first of all, who said you were criticizing me LOL, I never thought that HAHAHAHAHA. About those cut cards, thats just how it is, take the Dr. James Naismith or the Pete Maravich cuts, when they were whole checks or whole documents or whatever, there worth like $300 to $700 and then you cut it and make it into a card and its worth $2,000 to $6,000! Thats just how it is. People who love cards and are die hard card collectors love to collect a rare low serial numbered card and then you throw in an autograph to go with it and you can't beat that. Thats just how the card world works I guess, people want it on a card and the prices that they go for speak for themselves.

Again, I was not affended by anything you said or thought you were criticizing me LOLLLL, I was just letting you know were i'm coming from and trying to get my points out, thats all. We are all collectors of the same thing here and we can talk about whatever without getting affended by anything we say LOL. I mean no harmimage Most times i'm typping here on these boards i'm half slepping like right now so don't take everything I say if it sounds bad seriously because I don't re-check what i wrote so if it makes no sense or affends anybody, SORRY LOL. I will definetly keep posting some new cards I get and I would like to see yours as well. Does anybody have a George Gervin? I will post a pic of mine tommorow, I am dead tired right now so see ya tommorowimage
    My fault,

I just didn't want you to think I was trying to tell you what to collect. I have 2 Gervins right now, the 2001 Legends and the 2004 Legends. The 01 is cool because he signed "ICE". Which Gervin did you get???

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>My fault,

I just didn't want you to think I was trying to tell you what to collect. I have 2 Gervins right now, the 2001 Legends and the 2004 Legends. The 01 is cool because he signed "ICE". Which Gervin did you get???

Reese >>

Your fault for what LOL? I understand what your talking about. I think even index cards are a challenge to collect but I just don't like them as much as I do cards. I've thought of buying a few George Mikan index cards but everytime I bid, I lost themimage But I would definetly want cards before index cards. Actualy Mikan is the only index card I ever thought of buying, nobody else, I just don't like them LOL, but I do like anything Mikanimage I will include a scan of mine Gervin, I used to have the 2001 Legends auto but sold it.

By the way, I was going to sleep but I saw your post because I was shutting down to I figured since your up I would reply and add the scan too while I was at itimage
  • So many errors LOL, don'tmind me, i'm tired but will stick around a little longerimage

Edited to say: Happy 300th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLimage
    Very sweet Gervin. I haven't seen that one before. I've been so concerned with football, I missed some of the basketball releases. Cool pickup, it will look great in your set! Have a good night

Thanks! I guess I didn't realize I had that many posts. LOL
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Very sweet Gervin. I haven't seen that one before. I've been so concerned with football, I missed some of the basketball releases. Cool pickup, it will look great in your set! Have a good night

Thanks! I guess I didn't realize I had that many posts. LOL
    Reese >>

Thanks Reese, I have anyther card from the same seller from Japan, its a David Robinson, I figured to save on shipping while I was at it LOL.

• LOL, I didn't see your last line, I thought for a second that it was part of your sig. LOLLL.

Yeah, your catching up to me with those postsimage HAHAHAHA, can't wait to get a 1,000image
    Congrats! That Robinson is cool as well. Keep up the good work!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Congrats! That's pretty cool as well. Keep up the good work

Reese >>

HAHAHAHA thanks, I tryimage You know I just realized for the first time that their both numbered 17 OF 25, I never knew they were both matching LOL. WOW, two Spurs and both numbered the same, thats gotta be worth something LOL.
  • So you got any scans? Lets fill this thread up with some scansimage
  • Just adding these 4 cards from my set registry for put some makeup for this threadimage

• SORRY for the big scanimage
  • Check this out Reese, this is one card that I wish George Mikan could have signed for meimage I was waiting for a Mikan signing some day but that will never happen now. Oh well, I still love the card, its the 1986 DePaul card deck that was made to commemorate Ray Meyer as coach for 40 years I think.

I was going thru some photos I have saved on my computer and figured to show this one, I know its not signed but I sure would have hoped to get it signed one day but that will never be.
  • Talking about Ray Meyer, check out my Meyer Auto

Do you have him? I also have his Action Packed but I definetly prefer this one. Its the 2001 Fleer GOTG Coach's Coner Autographs and its numbered out of 100. Do you have Meyer?
    Everyone that I have is listed on the first page. If you want to see scans of anyone, let me know and I will try and get them up tonight

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Everyone that I have is listed on the first page. If you want to see scans of anyone, let me know and I will try and get them up tonight

Reese >>

Reese, I love to see any scans, I think these threads would be to boring without some scans, isen't every thread borig without scans lol. By the way, why dosen't Mobilizebob every come on these boards? Or has he? And why dosen't he every post any scans on his Set Registres? I think set registries make no sense without scans! I'll try to list some scans tonight too I guess if I get the chance. I already had those scans/pics saved to my computer that I already posted so the new one I will have to scan and post so maybe tonight if I get the chance.
    Here are my favorites:

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • WOW, nice Russell! I mean I like them all but thats one sweet looking Russell!!!!!! Like the Bird too and the Magic and on and on LOL. Keep adding the scans man, very niceimage
    Ok, well I'm gonna go eat now, but I will try and get some more scans up later
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Ok, well I'm gonna go eat now, but I will try and get some more scans up later >>

Me too, probably tonight and if not then tommorow.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Alright Giovanni,

I'm done scanning..LOL

I would like to upgrade a few of these. I hate sticker autos, but I don't think Dave Bing has a certified auto besides the Finest . Other than that, I basically just look for a clean card design with a bold, perfect autograph.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Alright Giovanni,

I'm done scanning..LOL

I would like to upgrade a few of these. I hate sticker autos, but I don't think Dave Bing has a certified auto besides the Finest . Other than that, I basically just look for a clean card design with a bold, perfect autograph.

Reese >>

Reese, there all great cards! Yeah that Bing is his only certified auto so that would be better than an index card in my opinion, as long as the player never had an on card auto then its fine with me lol. Me too, I try to get the best looking bold auto, try not to waste my time with any faded ones of course. Nice start man, keep it up!

Giovanni
  • These are scans that I have saved on my computer from when I purchased them. I will try to take better scans when I get the chance but in the mean time I will add theseimage