Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1959 Topps baseball - official PSA thread

marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
What the heck! I think that it is about time to start a thread on the great 1959 Topps baseball set. I hope that a bunch of you are with me on that. So here goes.

First of all, here are links to my Master Set and Basic Set. In my Master Set, I am missing only one card in it....the Spahn Born in 1931 variation card. Other than that card, I want to upgrade 3 PSA 7's....the Hoak card, Nichols No Option Statement and Hanebrink No Trade Statement variation cards. After that, I will be 100% 8's and 9's. In my Basic Set, it is 100% complete with needing only the Hoak card to upgrade to PSA 8. If anyone knows where I can find these cards, please let me know. My email is brett8@cox.net

link to 1959 Topps Master Set

link to 1959 Topps Basic Set

I thought that I would post a few scans as well.

There are a number of very active collectors out there working on this set. Hence, the very strong prices on ebay within the last year. The Del Rice card has recently gone over a grand several times when it has been on ebay within the last few months. Speaking of Del Rice, here is mine.

Here are two links to recent Del Rice auctions......unbelievable!

POP_W0QQitemZ8811348368QQihZ005QQcategoryZ55917QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">Del Rice Auction #1

Del Rice Auction #2

1959 Topps was the first year that I collected baseball cards. The memory of ripping packs open as a kid is one that stays with you forever. It is no mystery then why it is my favorite. image

One other thing, the '59 set has its fair share of very challenging cards. IMO, there are some cards that will always remain elusive and very low pop relative to other cards graded in the set.

What amazes me is the #1 set, JTM's 1959 Topps, which is owned by John McLaren has a weighted GPA of 8.80. I can not imagine how fantastic his set must look! Whew!!!

Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
set registry id Don Johnson Collection
ebay id truecollector14

Comments

• lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I am a fan of the 59 set.................my set will have to remain raw though......I even have all the variations.

Your two No Statement cards in PSA 8 seems to be cards that many of the master set collectors are missing.

Thats a beautiful Mantle!!!

Thanks for sharing.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Great set image

The '59 Mick is one of my favorites.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Nice Mantle! I don't collect (strictly sell for my old man) but can appreciate that one!

I will say that I've been selling numerous PSA8's and 9's of these and I have been shocked at some of the prices realized on them.

The commons fetch MUCH more than the majority of the stars.

I'll try to scan some 9's, resize them, and post them tomorrow.
  • Absolutely beautiful Mantle!! Awesome job on the set.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Purely in terms of aesthetics, that's always been my favorite Mantle card.
  • marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    A few more scans.......

Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Thanks for starting the thread.

I am putting this set together, my first and one of these days will put it in the Registry. At the moment I have about 50 graded and am working on a bulk submission.

Well centered 7s or better to begin and I'll upgrade eventually.

Began this set because it's the year I was born.

I'm interested in knowing which cards are the toughest to locate. In looking at the pop report there are a number which have pops of less than 75 total graded. Also which are hard to find in well centered examples?

Any other tips would be helpful.
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Beautiful cards...especially the Gibson rookie! Here are a couple of my '59s from my player sets....

imageimage
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DON - Great job on a beautiful set.
    I am very fond of this set and I think I told you before that I worked on this
    PSA graded set a couple of years before the registry was even founded.
    This was in ''98 or 99.
    I bought 200+ diff PSA's from a dealer and figured it would be neat to work on the
    set. Stars were easy enough to obtain, but commons forget about it.
    Few submitters at this time would submit commons of any years unless it was Yankees
    Brooklyn Dodgers, high #'s or SP's. There was no price break nor specials from PSA for
    commons. So whether you were submitting a Harmon Killebrew, a Gibson rookie or a
    Joe Pignatano, it was the same fee.
    6 months later I gave up the set in frustration.
    Wish I wouldda kept it! image
    At least I get the pleasure of viewing your baby...jay
  • DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    There is one great set for 1959--JTM who is a five-time set registry winner--his 8.80 gives him what would seem to be an insurmountable lead--at least for the next couple of years.

After that there are eight very good ones--all over 8.00 set ratings--including Dons who has jumped from the second tier to 6th--good job Don.

I'm mired in 11th in this set and kind of stuck with a 7.84 set rating.
    I need 18 or so cards as upgrades or to fill holes to complete in psa 8 or better but I keep losing the auctions. As Don says the Rice goes for over a grand and several other cards are 500-1000 bucks. I keep waiting for the aggressive bidders to finish their sets and prices to come down but instead prices keep rising.

Don--what do you think--I am sure you are monitoring who is winning the tough cards--is there a light at the end of the tunnel here?

Jim
  • BarkusDBarkusD Posts: 624
    This set is tough. I just broke a high end raw set and submitted 109 cards to PSA. I think all of the cards have a solid shot at PSA 8 or better. The 59s are part of a VERY large submission and I'm not sure how long it will take PSA to get to the 59s.

Jim, the only one I submitted that you need is the 330 Triandos card. I admire your quest to complete so many graded sets. If it graded 8 or better I will give you first shot at it.

In case anyone is curious, this is the list of 59s I submitted:

5 DICK DONOVAN
    12 VERN LAW
    14 PETE WHISENANT
    16 JOE PIGNATANO
    18 JACK URBAN
    19 ED BRESSOUD
    20 DUKE SNIDER
    26 CHUCK STOBBS
    28 RED WORTHINGTON
    32 DON BUDDIN
    33 ED FITZGERALD
    34 PITCHERS BEWARE
    35 TED KLUSZEWSKI
    51 RIP COLEMAN
    54 MEL ROACH
    56 CARL SAWATSKI
    62 TONY TAYLOR
    65 FRANK TORRE
    67 BROOKS LAWRENCE
    77 JOHNNY GORYL
    81 HAL JEFFCOAT
    83 BOB SMITH
    109 BOB SCHMIDT
    111 REDLEGS TEAM
    113 TAYLOR PHILLIPS
    120 CHUCK COLES
    128 BOB HARTMAN
    131 DERON JOHNSON
    140 CHARLIE SECREST
    147 CUBS CLUBBERS
    155 ENOS SLAUGHTER
    168 CARROLL HARDY
    173 BILL MONBOUQUETTE
    180 YOGI BERRA
    200 WARREN GILES
    203 OZZIE VIRGIL
    204 CASEY WISE
    205 DON LARSEN
    212 FENCE BUSTERS
    225 JOHNNY LOGAN
    226 ART CECCARELLI
    228 DON GROSS
    236 TED BOWSFIELD
    241 BILLY MUFFETT
    248 RED SOX TEAM
    256 JERRY DAVIE
    261 GENE STEPHENS
    281 WALT CRADDOCK
    287 DON ZIMMER
    296 ERNIE BROGLIO
    306 JIM GILLIAM
    316 RALPH LUMENTI WITH OPTION STATEMENT
    326 MARV THRONEBERRY
    330 GUS TRIANDOS
    339 Roy Face
    346 BATTER BAFFLERS
    348 Ted Lepcio
    366 HUMBERTO ROBINSON
    367 CAL NEEMAN
    371 DICK BRODOWSKI
    376 HAL NARAGON
    377 JOHNNY ANTONELLI
    378 GAIL HARRIS
    387 DON DRYSDALE
    389 JOE NUXHALL
    390 ORLANDO CEPEDA
    395 ELSTON HOWARD
    401 RON BLACKBURN
    406 SOLLY DRAKE
    409 GUS ZERNIAL
    410 BILLY PIERCE
    411 WHITEY LOCKMAN
    412 STAN LOPATA
    413 CAMILLO PASCUAL
    414 DALE LONG
    415 BILL MAZEROSKI
    418 GINO CIMOLI
    420 ROCCO COLAVITO
    421 HERM WEHMEIER
    422 HOBIE LANDRITH
    424 KEN ASPROMONTE
    425 DEL CRANDALL
    427 CHARLIE NEAL
    428 BUC HILL ACES
    429 BOBBY THOMSON
    431 WHAMMY DOUGLAS
    432 SMOKY BURGESS
    434 HAL GRIGGS
    436 GRANNY HAMNER
    437 IKE DELOCK
    438 SAM ESPOSITO
    440 LOU BURDETTE
    455 LARRY DOBY
    456 JERRY CASALE
    459 BILL TUTTLE
    465 SIEVERS SETS
    468 SNIDERS PLAY
    474 MOE THACKER
    485 RYNE DUREN
    493 JIM LANDIS
    494 DON PAVLETICH
    501 BOBBY TIEFANAUER
    502 AL DARK
    504 OSSIE ALVAREZ
    505 TONY KUBEK
    507 BOB HALE
    538 CHICK KING
    541 BOB THURMAN
    558 FRANK MALZONE

I will post the grades on this thread when I receive them.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
    DBarkus,

Thank you for the king words and I look forward to hearing from you on the Triandos.

Jim
    These are the 16 cards I need in psa 8 or better. I appreciate anyones help

Jim

11 Billy Hunter
    45 Andy Carey
    74 Directing the Power
    104 Del Rice
    105 Lee Walls
    178 Ruben Amaro
    199 Leo Kiely
    222 Bobby Shantz
    250 Billy O'Dell
    282 RC Stevens
    310 Luis Apericio
    330 Gus Triandos
    372 Jim Hegan
    554 Bill Skowren AS
    569 Bob Friend AS
    572 Billy Pierce AS
    Here's a quick digipic of the 9's I have remaining. Thought some of you might enjoy the view.

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEET! Hunter/Brown Awfully tough to find!!!!!! GREAT STUFF>
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Don,

What a great post!

What an awesome set everyone! I personally took a break from working on my 1959 set for about a year to work on my Colavito's, I now am itching to get back in the swing of things! I think it's fun to note that I started my '59 set in my first year of college, now I am full time grad. student at 40% complete. Not far along in the set at all, but I did take Don's advice a number of years ago and buy all the HOFers when I had to cashflow to do it since I don't now. Great advice from expert collector Don!

Jeff

Here is the link to my set:

Link
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are seven HOFers from the 1959 Topps set that I've slabbed. Fun post!

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Don may not have the #1 '59 set, but his knowledge of the set and willingness to share and help his fellow collectors is unequaled as far as I'm concerned.

Here are a couple of HOFer's from my set:

Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Those are terrific cards. Here are some of mine:

Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
    WOW!!! What great scans, comments and appreciation for the '59's! Also, thanks to all for the kind words.

SoFLPhillyFan...

Congrats on starting the set. Hope to see it on the registry soon. Some of your questions.....

1) The toughest.....I would start with Dav's (Jim's) want list he posted on this thread (all are tough), then add Dick Brown, Elmer Singleton, Stu Miller, Mickey Vernon, Cal McLish, Don Hoak (my last card needed in an 8, very elusive for me), all the variations of No Option or No Trade plus the Spahn variations, then going to the HOF'ers, Eddie Mathews and Richie Ashburn are the toughest. This is not the complete list of tough, just the toughest. There are others than are not far behind this grouping.

2) Centering toughest.....interesting that it is yellow cards.....Rice and Triandos are numero uno in my book. Singleton falls into this category too.

3) tips.....building a complete set that you will really enjoy is a marathon, not a sprint. You can spend a lot of money trying to buy too much too quickly. Give it time. I have been working on my set for five years now. Well centered PSA 7's can be as nice and pleasing as many 8's so there is no shame in having a lot of 7's in your set. It all depends on budget. I have just chosen to complete mine in 8 or better.

Speaking of sprint, there are several aggessive buyers of '59's on ebay this past year that have spent an unbelievable amount of money putting a set together in a short time. I will not mention who they are but each one has easily spent in the vicinity of $60,000 to $70,000. Not all are on the registry either.

ArnyVee.....

Great Dodgers!!

Jay....

Thanks and I am glad that you have enjoyed my set. Why don't you think about getting back in?

Dav.....

Thanks for the comments. Your want list is a "Who's Who" in tough cards. Those last 16 will not come easily as you well know, Jim. I did a little math on your want list and my estimates are that if you buy all 16 cards in the market, those babies will cost you around $7,500, give or take a few shackles. And, that is not estimating the Rice at $1800! I am thinking the Rice should be in the $500 range.

Light at the end of the tunnel?......I hope so, but I continually see new blood in the '59 set. I know of a number of strong buyers that do not have their sets on the registry. This maintains the strong prices. Now, prices for the Rice at a grand+ is over the top, but the Rice is still a solid $500 card. I don't see it getting cheaper than that if it even comes down to that. The Hunter was a solid $500 card four years ago and still is. My personal opinion is that tough '59's will maintain strong prices, I would just hope that they are not insane prices (unless I am the seller!! image )

David....

That looks like a great sub with some great cards....hope that it comes back with 8's and 9's. Please, do post your grades when you get them.

Goose.....

Great 9's!! You have done well with your Dad's cards. If I remember correctly, you sold a Stu Miller PSA 8 in the $800 range??....is my memory correct on that one?

Jeff.....

What a pleasure to hear from you. I know grad school makes it very difficult to have free time to spend on your collection, but I hope that you do jump back into the '59's soon. Let me know and I will help you out any way I can.

paleocards....

WOW! What great scans and cards.....to my point earlier about PSA 7's, that Mantle AS is as sweet as they come in 7. What a beauty!

Kurt....

Great scans....the Kaline and Aaron are gorgeous!! Thanks for the kind words.

Frank.....

There is nothing more beautiful than Mint 9 Yankees in 1959. Do you have any more? That Richardson is sharp and swwweeeeettttt!
    Don

ebay id truecollector14

<< <i>Great 9's!! You have done well with your Dad's cards. If I remember correctly, you sold a Stu Miller PSA 8 in the $800 range??....is my memory correct on that one >>

excellent memory!

I still have a about fifty PSA8 commons here to sell and about 25 PSA8 HOF'ers.....in the '59's.

I have a pop 4/0 PSA9 someone or other up that is already over 300.00 with a few days left! I can't wait to see how crazy that one might go.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Threads like this are cool.
    This will be very interesting. The Shantz card is by far the toughest Yankee card in the '59 set. It started Saturday night on a 10 day auction. After being up about 3 hours, it has already hit $455.

1959 Topps Shantz in PSA 8 on ebay
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Thanks for the info Don.

One of these days I'll get in the Registry. Just need to find the time.

Some 8s have been in my present price range, but most are the nice 7s.

My one comment on the set would be centering. With the large solid color the eye appeal of borderline 8s suffers IMO. I have checked the centering on many 8s for sale thinking that they should really be 7s, but they're OK. Maybe it's my former printing industry eye showing but some 8s don't look too good in that department. I imagine it's a problem with much of the set.

Your thoughts on the journey versus sprint are well taken. No hurry here. I intend to build a nice set over the next 5-10 years.

Keith
  • Wow! Some nice 59's !!!!! Great to read the thread.

Again, congrats Mariner! I will be in Cleveland next week and will see if someone has that Hoak you need. If not, maybe it will turn up at the National. You never know!

All the comments about the tough cards are right on track, and it amazes me the prices some collectors are paying to finish or upgrade their sets.

I have collected 1959 BB since I was a kid. I started with more than half the set in PSA 8 or better, and have probably spent over $25,000 finishing and upgrading the set. I remember when I found the Singleton PSA 8 a bunch of years ago in White Plains. Dealer wanted $55 and my buddy Vince says what are you nuts? Well. I bought the card for $50, went home and took out the PF Flyer sneaker box with the left over raw 59s that were not gradeable and showed him 12 Singeltons that were 90-10. Then again, I did buy Jerry Cincinatus' Del Rice and paid him a pretty penny for it. So I guess it all evens out over time.

With respect to the tough cards, they are for the most part located either on the sides, bottom or top of the sheet where the borders are wide. Especially the yellow cards. So think about this (and I have said this many times on other posts).....in order for you to get a well centered Amaro, Triandos, Hunter, Rice, Pierce etc etc, the sheet must have been printed off centered (guy had a bad day). That's the only way these cards would not have a huge border on one side and nothing on the other. So, then the middle cards of the sheet are OC when that happens.

I have 2 quick stories to tell. The first is when my Billy Harrell came back PSA 9 from my first bulk submission. I got an email from John Mac asking if I would sell or trade the Harrell to him. I told him that Mr. Harrell lived in my hometown of Troy NY when I was a kid (he went to Siena College, played in the Negro Leagues in 51-52 and then signed with the Indians) and the card was on his mantle in Albany and I didn't have the heart to go ask him for the card back!! Well the card is still there and Mac has his PSA 9 Harrell.

The other is 1993 at the East Coast National. Vince and I were buying 59 lows and highs from Steve Timmons of Chicago right out of cellos. I bought each centered common card for $7 and the stars maybe $12 (except Mantle) and a few higher. So here is this guy trying to buy a gorgeous dead centered Skowron for $6. Steve told him no lowerthan $7. The guy had his kid in an umbrella stroller and didn't look like he had 2 sticks to rub together, but he emptied his pockets to show Steve he didn't have another buck. I eyed that Skowron on the table and as the guy walked away disappointed, I slid the card over into my pile. "Hey he took my card"!!!!! Vince told me I should see a Priest for doing that. Now every time we look at that card, we laugh our butts off. Jay, did you know Steve? I forget his partner's name with Chicago Sportscards (??).

Jim Dav...I know we were gonna hook up a while ago. Offer is still on. I am at Booth 511 in Cleveland and anybody is welcome to stop by and shoot the breeze. Let's go to dinner.

Frank....I had that dang light magnifier and after I told you, for the life of me I can't find it. I went through the whole warehouse after the Hofstra show. It's probably buried in the bottom of a box. But I owe you the $30-40 for my carelessness. I apologize and hope to see you in LI soon.

Best to all
    AZ
    Al,

I would love to have dinner with you in Cleveland but I can't make it.

Perhaps the forth coming collectors/dealers party at my house or the national which I am trying to clear my schedule for.

You have an excellent 59 set and 61 Topps Set--I have dropped to 11th in 61--looks like it will get real competitive in the 8.2 to 8.3 area.

I also like your 56 Presidents set.

Jim

when and where is the Cleveland show exactly?

• Thanks Jim. The Presidents set is one of my favorite non sports sets along with the 56 Flags of Nations which I have a bunch in PSA 9. Beautiful cards which are vastly under appreciated for the artwork.

The web site for the International is www.internatlconv.com and is in two weeks from this weekend at the convention center downtown near the Rock & Roll HOF. Mostly regional players for autographs but also a lot of entertainment celebrities. First time for the show so who knows what will it be like.
    Here is one of my tough ones in the 59 master set.Mine is currently #11 on Registery almost 78% complete with over 60 more going to PSA this week.I am also going to have all the grey/cream varaitions when finished.
    Definetly my favorite set of all times.

Notice I am not the most literate when it comes to attaching Scans but here I go.

<< <i>This will be very interesting. The Shantz card is by far the toughest Yankee card in the '59 set. It started Saturday night on a 10 day auction. After being up about 3 hours, it has already hit $455.

1959 Topps Shantz in PSA 8 on ebay >>

This Shantz card is giving me headaces.I have to say it is a toughie for sure.
    Al....

If you can find a Hoak in Cleveland, that would be great! I really appreciate it that you will check it out. Thank you.

Your story about the Singleton cards says it all. Precisely why that card, Rice, Triandos, etc are so difficult. I have mentioned before that I have collected 1959's for many years, even going back to just raw sets and before PSA grading. I know that I have owned many Triandos cards, or have seen them in books or on tables, and they are almost without exception terribly off center. The PSA 8 I own now is the best that I have had. I have owned one more 8 Triandos that I sold on ebay several years ago. That's it as far as high grade Triandos cards.

Talking about a name from the past.....Jerry Cyncynatus. I forgot all about him until you mentioned him, but I bought some nice stuff from him years ago. I wonder what he is up to these days.

fiveniner....

Nice going on your set....keep it up!

Don

ebay id truecollector14
    Taking the time to post a few more scans for viewing pleasure.....

Don

ebay id truecollector14
    Don....

since the sun is shining into our kitchen nicely and I still need to get thru my old man's '59's one last time before selling whats left as raw......

are there ANY (other than stars) cards worth submitting that I know will not make an "8"?

Thanks!
    I am going to take a shot at crossing this bad boy over (given the centering and sharp corners I don't think it will be a problem):

David....

I think that FRobby will fit into a PSA 9 holder very nicely and easily.

Goose....

If you are grading some knowing you will get 7's, I would grade a Shantz, Pierce AS, Skowron AS, Triandos, Amaro, Phillies team and Rice.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Just wondering if any of you hardcore 59 guys would be interested in this set.

Link
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
    Jeff, putting your partial set on ebay might be your best option. Good luck!
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Yeah was thinking that too. I love the 59's but want to focus on some of my football sets for now.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jay...Thanks and I am glad that you have enjoyed my set. Why don't you think about getting back in? >>

DON - Believe me when I see devoted threads like this for a specific set I get the urge to jump in.
    The closest larger set I worked on was the '65, I killed it at 96.6%. 20 cards shy of the 598 needed.
    Then again, the '59 set has a mere 572 cards needed, it should be a cakewalk image
    For now, the Turkey Red set occupies my time & budget and I recently passed the 2/3 mark, so I'm
    getting there. And who knows what I'll choose to build next!...jay
  • I see Carl Albero is now the high bidder on the Schantz. I know Steve Park (Park Ltd) needs the card for his set in 8 or better.
    Jay, you are doing great on your Turkey Red set.

Since we are talking Shantz, here is mine. Most definitely one of the toughest cards in the '59 set......and being a Yankee makes it even more popular.

Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • kidsoxkidsox Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Message to DAVILILLO.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm offering a 59 Topps Lee Walls in PSA 8 on ebay ending June 11.

Thanks.

<< <i>Just wondering if any of you hardcore 59 guys would be interested in this set.

Link >>

Are you intrested in selling the Shantz?What color is the back of the card grey or cream color?
  • Here are a couple of tough ones to find in this grade:

imageimage
    $1,525.00

Shantz just ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I wish I had a stack of those!
    Carl (Duke of Mint) got topped......unbelievable!!
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
    Triandos came back as a 7. Here's the full list:

1 06365606 1959 TOPPS 5 DICK DONOVAN N/A 7
    2 06365607 1959 TOPPS 12 VERN LAW N/A 8
    3 06365608 1959 TOPPS 14 PETE WHISENANT N/A 8
    4 06365609 1959 TOPPS 16 JOE PIGNATANO N/A 7
    5 06365610 1959 TOPPS 18 JACK URBAN N/A 8
    6 06365611 1959 TOPPS 19 ED BRESSOUD N/A 8
    7 06365612 1959 TOPPS 20 DUKE SNIDER N/A 6
    8 06365613 1959 TOPPS 26 CHUCK STOBBS N/A 7
    9 06365614 1959 TOPPS 28 RED WORTHINGTON N/A 7ST
    10 06365615 1959 TOPPS 32 DON BUDDIN N/A 8
    11 06365616 1959 TOPPS 33 ED FITZGERALD N/A 8
    12 06365617 1959 TOPPS 34 PITCHERS BEWARE KALINE/MAXWELL 7
    13 06365618 1959 TOPPS 35 TED KLUSZEWSKI N/A 8
    14 06365619 1959 TOPPS 51 RIP COLEMAN N/A 8
    15 06365620 1959 TOPPS 54 MEL ROACH N/A 6
    16 06365621 1959 TOPPS 56 CARL SAWATSKI N/A 8
    17 06365622 1959 TOPPS 62 TONY TAYLOR N/A 8
    18 06365623 1959 TOPPS 65 FRANK TORRE N/A 8
    19 06365624 1959 TOPPS 67 BROOKS LAWRENCE N/A 8
    20 06365625 1959 TOPPS 77 JOHN GORYL N/A 7
    21 06365626 1959 TOPPS 81 HAL JEFFCOAT N/A 8
    22 06365627 1959 TOPPS 83 BOB SMITH N/A 8
    23 06365628 1959 TOPPS 109 BOB SCHMIDT N/A 5
    24 06365629 1959 TOPPS 111 REDLEGS TEAM CHECKLIST 89-176 8OC
    25 06365630 1959 TOPPS 113 TAYLOR PHILLIPS N/A 8
    26 06365631 1959 TOPPS 120 CHUCK COLES N/A 8
    27 06365632 1959 TOPPS 128 BOB HARTMAN N/A 7
    28 06365633 1959 TOPPS 131 DERON JOHNSON N/A 8
    29 06365634 1959 TOPPS 140 CHARLIE SECREST N/A 6
    30 06365635 1959 TOPPS 147 CUBS CLUBBERS LONG/BANKS/MORYN 7
    31 06365636 1959 TOPPS 155 ENOS SLAUGHTER N/A 7
    32 06365637 1959 TOPPS 168 CARROLL HARDY N/A 7
    33 06365638 1959 TOPPS 173 BILL MONBOUQUETTE N/A 8
    34 06365639 1959 TOPPS 180 YOGI BERRA N/A 5
    35 06365640 1959 TOPPS 200 WARREN GILES N/A 6
    36 06365641 1959 TOPPS 203 OZZIE VIRGIL N/A 7
    37 06365642 1959 TOPPS 204 CASEY WISE N/A 7
    38 06365643 1959 TOPPS 205 DON LARSEN N/A 5
    39 06365644 1959 TOPPS 212 FENCE BUSTERS AARON/MATHEWS 6
    40 06365645 1959 TOPPS 225 JOHNNY LOGAN N/A 8
    41 06365646 1959 TOPPS 226 ART CECCARELLI N/A 7
    42 06365647 1959 TOPPS 228 DON GROSS N/A 8
    43 06365648 1959 TOPPS 236 TED BOWSFIELD N/A 7
    44 06365649 1959 TOPPS 241 BILLY MUFFETT N/A 8
    45 06365650 1959 TOPPS 248 RED SOX TEAM N/A 7
    46 06365651 1959 TOPPS 256 JERRY DAVIE N/A 7
    47 06365652 1959 TOPPS 261 GENE STEPHENS N/A 7
    48 06365653 1959 TOPPS 281 WALT CRADDOCK N/A 8
    49 06365654 1959 TOPPS 287 DON ZIMMER N/A 7
    50 06365655 1959 TOPPS 296 ERNIE BROGLIO N/A 7
    51 06365656 1959 TOPPS 306 JIM GILLIAM N/A 8
    52 06365657 1959 TOPPS 316 RALPH LUMENTI WITH OPTION STATEMENT 7
    53 06365658 1959 TOPPS 326 MARV THRONEBERRY N/A 7
    54 06365659 1959 TOPPS 330 GUS TRIANDOS N/A 7
    55 06365660 1959 TOPPS 339 ROY FACE N/A 7
    56 06365661 1959 TOPPS 346 BATTER BAFFLERS BREWER/SISLER 7
    57 06365662 1959 TOPPS 348 TED LEPCIO N/A 6
    58 06365663 1959 TOPPS 366 HUMBERTO ROBINSON N/A 7
    59 06365664 1959 TOPPS 367 CAL NEEMAN N/A 7
    60 06365665 1959 TOPPS 371 DICK BRODOWSKI N/A 8
    61 06365666 1959 TOPPS 376 HAL NARAGON N/A 7
    62 06365667 1959 TOPPS 377 JOHNNY ANTONELLI N/A 6
    63 06365668 1959 TOPPS 378 GAIL HARRIS N/A 8
    64 06365669 1959 TOPPS 387 DON DRYSDALE N/A 8
    65 06365670 1959 TOPPS 389 JOE NUXHALL N/A 7
    66 06365671 1959 TOPPS 390 ORLANDO CEPEDA N/A 7
    67 06365672 1959 TOPPS 395 ELSTON HOWARD N/A 8
    68 06365673 1959 TOPPS 401 RON BLACKBURN N/A 8
    69 06365674 1959 TOPPS 406 SOLLY DRAKE N/A 8
    70 06365675 1959 TOPPS 409 GUS ZERNIAL N/A 8
    71 06365676 1959 TOPPS 410 BILLY PIERCE N/A 7
    72 06365677 1959 TOPPS 411 WHITEY LOCKMAN N/A 8
    73 06365678 1959 TOPPS 412 STAN LOPATA N/A Not Holdered, Miscut
    74 06365679 1959 TOPPS 413 CAMILLO PASCUAL N/A 7
    75 06365680 1959 TOPPS 414 DALE LONG N/A 7
    76 06365681 1959 TOPPS 415 BILL MAZEROSKI N/A 8
    77 06365682 1959 TOPPS 418 GINO CIMOLI N/A 8
    78 06365683 1959 TOPPS 420 ROCCO COLAVITO N/A 7
    79 06365684 1959 TOPPS 421 HERM WEHMEIER N/A 8
    80 06365685 1959 TOPPS 422 HOBIE LANDRITH N/A 8
    81 06365686 1959 TOPPS 424 KEN ASPROMONTE N/A 7
    82 06365687 1959 TOPPS 425 DEL CRANDALL N/A 8
    83 06365688 1959 TOPPS 427 CHARLIE NEAL N/A 7ST
    84 06365689 1959 TOPPS 428 BUC HILL ACES KLINE/FRIEND/LAW/FACE 8
    85 06365690 1959 TOPPS 429 BOBBY THOMSON N/A 8
    86 06365691 1959 TOPPS 431 WHAMMY DOUGLAS N/A 7
    87 06365692 1959 TOPPS 432 SMOKY BURGESS N/A 8
    88 06365693 1959 TOPPS 434 HAL GRIGGS N/A 8
    89 06365694 1959 TOPPS 436 GRANNY HAMNER N/A 8
    90 06365695 1959 TOPPS 437 IKE DELOCK N/A 8
    91 06365696 1959 TOPPS 438 SAM ESPOSITO N/A 7
    92 06365697 1959 TOPPS 440 LOU BURDETTE N/A 7
    93 06365698 1959 TOPPS 455 LARRY DOBY N/A 7
    94 06365699 1959 TOPPS 456 JERRY CASALE N/A 8
    95 06365700 1959 TOPPS 459 BILL TUTTLE N/A 8
    96 06365701 1959 TOPPS 465 SIEVERS SETS HOMER MARK 8
    97 06365702 1959 TOPPS 468 SNIDER'S PLAY BRINGS L.A. VICTORY 8
    98 06365703 1959 TOPPS 474 MOE THACKER N/A 8
    99 06365704 1959 TOPPS 485 RYNE DUREN N/A 7
    100 06365705 1959 TOPPS 493 JIM LANDIS N/A 8
    101 06365706 1959 TOPPS 494 DON PAVLETICH N/A 7
    102 06365707 1959 TOPPS 501 BOBBY TIEFENAUER N/A 7
    103 06365708 1959 TOPPS 502 AL DARK N/A 7
    104 06365709 1959 TOPPS 504 OSSIE ALVAREZ N/A 7
    105 06365710 1959 TOPPS 505 TONY KUBEK N/A 7
    106 06365711 1959 TOPPS 507 BOB HALE N/A 8
    107 06365712 1959 TOPPS 538 CHICK KING N/A 8
    108 06365713 1959 TOPPS 541 BOB THURMAN N/A 6
    109 06365714 1959 TOPPS 558 FRANK MALZONE ALL STAR 7

• << <i>

<< <i>Just wondering if any of you hardcore 59 guys would be interested in this set.

Link >>

Are you intrested in selling the Shantz?What color is the back of the card grey or cream color? >>

The Shantz has a cream back.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    all I can say is WOW!

Bill Skowron PSA 9
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • I just received my cards from PSA. All of my 59s are available. They are a high end group. This Drysdale is a good example:

It is for sale for $95.