Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Willie Mays Master Set - New Additions??

Any Mays master set guys and gals know if there are any additions to the set in the works?
Thanks!

Ryan
Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector

Comments

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly hope not! 148 cards is plenty, in my opinion. I'm number 11 on the list, but I only have 19 graded Mays cards (12.8%). One addition I definitely won't support are the Topps team cards from 1956 on. Unnecessary bloat to a Master set...

I suppose that you're the owner of the #8 set: "Ryan Mays Master Set." Nice collection!
  • Options
    Yeah. That's me. Thanks! My humble collection is something that I really enjoy.
    The reason I ask is that I've seen some 1956 Pins and 1955 Golden Stamps being auctioned lately...quite a few now that I think of it and I'm wondering if the set will be growing.
    I think 148 is a lot too...but his career spanned 3 decades and he was pretty popular. I don't want any team photos in there...although they'd be easier to find than the Venezuelans, Home run derby and early OPC cards!
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    Ha! 148 cards in the master set. Those were the days...about 290 now.
  • Options
    Greetings Ryan - are you still active in building your Mays Master Set?
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Very nice.
    Are these being posted b/c they are available???
    Or just to make us drool?
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    I'm still building. I think I need 180 of the 290+ cards in the master set.
    Those are some of the rarer Mays cards I've seen posted. Very nice!