Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

When will 2015 coins be added to the sets

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
Curious if anyone knows when they will add the 2015's as optional items (particularly the nickel sets as that is what I collect)?
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was posted in the "News" section of PCGS:

1/2/15
    Happy New Year!
    In the next week you will notice that 2014 coins will be required in the modern coin sets. We will begin adding 2015 coins as optional throughout the year as the new coin numbers are created.

5/1/15
    New Coin Additions
    Beginning 5/1/15 all new pre-2015 coins will be added to set composites as optional. These coins will become required after the Set Registry awards deadline on 6/30/15. 2015 coinage will remain optional throughout the year.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    They added some of mine last week. My others will probably be added over the next few weeks, as they find the time.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I just got my 2015S proof Lincoln cent and entered it along with details into my inventory. The information is not yet available on any of the Lincoln cent set registries as far as I can tell. I think the basic reason that this has happened THIS YEAR for the first time (It has always been updated in the first two or three months of the new year) is that there are so many different labels and versions of the same coin for all the current series that the programing has now become very complicated. As we go further into this year it will become a priority for PCGS to get the 2015 coins online so collectors can see their official ranking which takes effect on January 1, 2016. Steveimage