Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anybody perused the Top Franklin Set lately?

Last time I looked I was awed.

But it just keeps improving and improving every time I go back there is an upgrade!

The set is just unreal if you love Franklins you must take a look!

The set is Franklin heaven...I don't know how else to describe it!

My favorite coin in the set is the 59-D 66+.

What's yours?

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    it's a toss up for me between the 2nd 48P and the blast white 50P.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I spent some time going through the photos and I'm glad I did. Very special set!!!😀 I used to do Frankie's years ago and these are great coins!!

In particular, I love the toned 49d, 63d, and 54s, all are very tough dates to come by.🎊💥

I love and admire this set (touch of jealousy, too), but I have a real question on the 54s coins. The toned coin is a "wonder coin" and one of the few real FBL coins out there...a total gem...my question is how did the other 54s get the same grade? ... I'd take that one coin out of the set since it is not of the same quality as the others...Please don't hate on me for this seemingly nitpicking comment, but I do not like the this one coin. 😞

Overall, again let me emphasize that this is truly a World Class set!! I love it! The owner should be very very proud.image👍
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come we can have PCGS MS68 Walkers and Barber halves, but not a single Franklin made decades later can achieve a 68 grade? It's not like a Barber half has a protected target with that huge obverse profile.

There is even a PCGS MS68 seated half and a couple MS68 Bust halves too. The Franklins came in mint set packaging that helped ensure many gem specimens would be preserved....along with wonderful color.

I have a feeling that gem Franklins are graded tougher than the earlier dates.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be one of my favorite Non-Roosevelt Dime sets.

The thing about the Franklin half is I believe for some unknown reason PCGS gives this coin a full grade lower across the board. 7FBL should all be 8FBL and the average 4FBL should be a 5FBL or a 6FBL. IMHO I believe this half to be one of the more pleasing designs of the past 100 years.

BTW, The #1 set is ridiculous.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    AblinkyAblinky Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How come we can have PCGS MS68 Walkers and Barber halves, but not a single Franklin made decades later can achieve a 68 grade? It's not like a Barber half has a protected target with that huge obverse profile.

There is even a PCGS MS68 seated half and a couple MS68 Bust halves too. The Franklins came in mint set packaging that helped ensure many gem specimens would be preserved....along with wonderful color.

I have a feeling that gem Franklins are graded tougher than the earlier dates. >>

That's a really interesting point.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage