Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

the free submission

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I was reading under the benefit tab on the web gate that once your set is 90% complete and contains at least 20 pieces you get one free submission, with the aim being to help you complete your PCGS registry. So you save $30 on a regular submission, but isn't that all but eaten up with a minimum return shipping of $20.95?

Comments

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you like a free lunch?
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you think their in business to make you rich? image

• sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    I vaguely remember hearing something like that a few years ago. Perhaps it was a limited time special offering of some kind. I never heard anything since, and never got any coupon or anything for my sets.

It would not be worth it to send in one coin, but if you included it with other coins you send in, then the shipping costs could be spread out.
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I need to look into that as well.

I have a coin in my Barber Half set that I bought back
    from another Forum member, which was once in one of
    my All Time Finest Sets ( actually my second best set ).
    I retired my #1 & the # 2 sets, but now, I can not enter
    my old coin into my latest set of halves.

I was thinking of sending it in for a new serial number
    ...no need to regrade it... It is what it is and I am happy
    with the grade. Now, I'm thinking they'll just re holder
    the coin with a new serial number to officially complete
    my set.

PCGS will not be at FUN next week, which is too bad. I was
    hoping to get to the bottom of this situation.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    I am not sure just sending a coin in to be reholdered will change the cert number. My experience when I sent a coin to be reslabbed to get the coin trueviewed or upgraded to a secure holder, the number stayed the same. The only way I have received a new number, was when I sent a coin in to be upgraded.
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I get free grades for coins in my set? If your set is at least 90% complete it qualifies for free grades. To learn more, visit the benefits page.

Benefits page
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the link. Im at 81% on my biggest collection, getting close to that 90%!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    When the Registry was first started back in the late 90's, you did get a free lunch. I submitted a whole set of Classic Silver Commemoratives, 50 coins, to PCGS. It had 38 PCGS coins and 12 NGC coins. PCGS graded and reholdered the PCGS coins and crossed all 12 of the NGC coins. None downgraded and a few upgraded. I had the first #1 set of Classic Silver Commemoratives. I think you had to have a 90% complete set (any holder) to get the service. How things have changed, no more free lunch.
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    You can get a free lunch! August 14 at the ANA PCGS will be hosting a luncheon as well as an awards ceremony for this years Registry winners.

And you'll get a free souvenir coin!!

Who said we didn't give a free lunch? image
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Willis said "free" three times in one thread reply...Rosemont, Illinois is still kinda far away by my old truck. image
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...