Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Some of the Nicest Arkansas & Boone Classic Silver Commems Hit The Auction Block In A Couple Wee

Hall of Famer, Steve Heller's Fabulous Arkansas and Boone Silver Commem collections will be sold at Stacks/Bowers in a couple weeks in Baltimore. When Heritage auctioned off Steve's Registry Hall of Fame Classic Silver Commem (144 pc) collection back in 2004/2005, the Arkansas and Boone sets were not part of that sale as Steve had placed the Arkansas and Boone collection with a private collector. Off the market for another ten years after that, these collections finally hits Stacks Bowers' auction in a few weeks. Arkansas and Boone fans ... keep an eye out for these coins!!

Here is an image of the 1937-S PCGS-MS67 Arkansas. One of five coins in this grade and the top plate coin on Coinfacts.

Wondercoin

edited to add .... www.stacksbowers.com, then click on Browse auctions and you will find the Baltimore sale there.
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    The original attraction of this Ark. was it's so clean. But you gotta love the deep and colorful rim toning, giving it the visual depth, especially on the rev. Great pix from Stacks Bowers'.
    (Also saw some other very cool old friends in the Boone Commems.)
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1935/34-D Boone in PCGS-MS68! It would not surprise me personally if at some point after the auction, this coin became the pop 1/0 MS68+. What an amazing coin. I am not sure if this particular coin was in the original Heller collection or not. I believe the collector added a coin or two to the Heller collection during the ten years he enjoyed owing the set. This coin may have been one of those additions. Lot 10259 in the upcoming Stacks Bowers Baltimore sale!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve: Yes, I will edit this thread as BOTH your Arkansas and Boone collections are appearing in the Stack/Bowers Sale! And, your Boone collection was about as amazing as anyone could hope to assemble. Just look at all of the MS68's in the set!!

Many folks do not know that you earned the "Hall of Fame" award at PCGS for your 144 pc. Silver Commem collection in the very first year PCGS awarded that prestigious award! If I am not mistaken, you were the first recipient of that award! Congrats on building one of the great collections of all time!

Your old 1935/34-S is a beauty as well Steve! Just pop 2/0 after all these years! (Lot 10260 at Stacks Bowers upcoming Baltimore sale).

Wondercoin

http://media.stacksbowers.com//4130/3030/3030/3934/3639/33/A0000094693-uscoin-zoom-1-1.JPG
    http://media.stacksbowers.com//4130/3030/3030/3934/3639/33/A0000094693-uscoin-zoom-1-1.JPG
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1935/34-D Boone in PCGS-MS68! It would not surprise me personally if at some point after the auction, this coin became the pop 1/0 MS68+. What an amazing coin.

Wondercoin >>

I tell ya, I've seen some gorgeous coins in my collecting days, but this one is un-freaking-real! Even with this high resolution photo, I cannot see any hits of any kind on it. I could see this coin easily sitting in an MS68+ holder is an understatement. image

The winner of this coin will certainly be quite happy for sure.

Later, Paul.