Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosevelts for grading and True View

OK so I send in some Roosies for grading, also for the True View service. It just dawned on me not to expect their return as my past submissions. This is my first True View sub. and I'm guessing after they wait for their turn to be graded, they then get tossed into another line for the T.V. Service. Should I expect a couple months with this? Or will I know the grades at about the same time, and just have to wait on the T.V. service? image
Dan

Comments

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan,

I've never had an extended lead time w/TrueView Service, perhaps a few days added. And, Phil does a great job!!!!

Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Trueview seem to go quick the reholdering takes much longer
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I don't mind waiting on the coins, it's knowing if the grades were as I saw them that tugs at me. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Tomorrow the pop on the 2008-D will increase by 1 from 3 to 4 in MS67FB The MS68FB should remain at 1
    Coin is sold.
    Dan
  • Options
    I will be listing some more coins soon.
    Dan
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice score on the 08D Dan. Thanks for keeping our 68FB a pop 1.. image
  • Options
    LOL Nick, the 08-P & D's are hard. You can find nice ones, just not in FB, and P's are really hard to come by. image
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL Nick, the 08-P & D's are hard. You can find nice ones, just not in FB, and P's are really hard to come by. image >>

In 2008, I made 6 MS66FB-P's, and made 2 MS67FB's & 1 MS68FB-D, so in the last 6 years only 3 MS66FB-P's and 2 MS67FB=D's have been popped, which leads me to believe that this is an incredibly difficult year for Business strike dimes, or there is just absolute no interest in Roosevelt Dimes, but Dan did sell it for $300 and he moved it rather quickly.

So which is it?

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul it seems to me, if you didn't get the early production dimes, you didn't get full bands.
    Dan
  • Options

I have two more 08 FB's if I ever get around to submitting them.

Dan
  • Options

@Dan50 said:
    Thanks guys. I don't mind waiting on the coins, it's knowing if the grades were as I saw them that tugs at me.

So, did you ever get the grades and TrueViews from 2014 you are waiting on?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:

@Dan50 said:
    Thanks guys. I don't mind waiting on the coins, it's knowing if the grades were as I saw them that tugs at me.

So, did you ever get the grades and TrueViews from 2014 you are waiting on?

Give it time, I heard PCGS is really slow right now...eight years is nothing to wait!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

There probably in encapsulation about now. Let us know when the grades pop

Martin

• Options

Nope didn't get anywhere near what I thought. Coins were all over the place in grades and bands. I got one that came back MS 65
    that should have been 67 at least. Also FB coins werent labeled FB, when they totaly WERE FB's. got so mad went across the street and got great grades with FB's. Now I'm back for more punishment. SIGH!

Dan
  • Options

@Dan50 said:
    Nope didn't get anywhere near what I thought. Coins were all over the place in grades and bands. I got one that came back MS 65
    that should have been 67 at least. Also FB coins werent labeled FB, when they totaly WERE FB's. got so mad went across the street and got great grades with FB's. Now I'm back for more punishment. SIGH!

Sometimes you got to do that and then cross them to PCGS to get the grades.

• Options

I just found the strangest thing. It's 1983 D Roosevelt dime. Strange thing is the three is stamped on the rim. Seems the rim on the opposit side is cut real thin, while the side with the date is thicker, leaving the three on the rim.

Dan
  • Options

I'll try and put a picture of it on here. been many years since I did that. hope I can still figure it out again.

Dan
  • Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dan50. Where’s the picture. Picture posting is easy. Copy photo on phone click photo icon in in the compose message box. And paste.

Martin