Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

BUFFALO NICKEL VARIETY SET COMPOSITION - SUGGESTION TO REMOVE THE 1920 D/D (PCGS COIN #38449) AS P

BUFFALO NICKEL VARIETY SET - SUGGESTION TO PCGS TO REMOVE THE 1920 D/D RPM FS-501 (FS-016.63) . (PCGS COIN # 38449) AS PART OF THE SET COMPOSITION.

NONE OF THE REGISTRY SETS UNDER BUFFALO VARIETY HAVE THE 1920 D/D RPM.

PCGS COIN FACTS SHOWS NONE CERTIFIED . TWENTY NINE SETS IN THIS REGISTRY , AND NOT ONE HAS THIS VARIETY. DOES THIS VARIETY TRULY EXIST?

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Comments

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    You should contact BJ and suggest this to her. Not that it isn't a good idea to post it here too.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    On two occasions when I have come across a coin that has never been certified, but required in one of my sets, I email the set registry people. They went ahead and removed the coins in both cases.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sets in the " Buffalo Nickels Complete Variety Set" are shown as updated, and this coin is no longer part of the set.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    The 15 s/s 502 needs to go also!! None ever certified.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the horror of it all. I'm glad I don't do the Buff variety set. NEVER I repeat NEVER should a coin be deleted. Just because there are none graded yet doesn't mean there are none.

There are several Roosevelt varieties not graded yet, but I have them!!!! Some are in now for grading and attribution. I would be very very very mad if they were deleted!!!!!

Think about it.......there is a pic in the CPG of the 20-D/D................SO THERE IS AT LEAST ONE!!!!

Like they say on football...."COME ON MAN".
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just because there are none graded yet doesn't mean there are none. >>

That was my thought as well. Solve the problem of not having a 20 D/D by finding one and submitting it instead of requesting it be deleted from the registry.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh the horror of it all. I'm glad I don't do the Buff variety set. NEVER I repeat NEVER should a coin be deleted. Just because there are none graded yet doesn't mean there are none.

There are several Roosevelt varieties not graded yet, but I have them!!!! Some are in now for grading and attribution. I would be very very very mad if they were deleted!!!!!

Think about it.......there is a pic in the CPG of the 20-D/D................SO THERE IS AT LEAST ONE!!!!

Like they say on football...."COME ON MAN". >>

I do not collect Buffalo Nickels (At this time), but Dimeman is very right. At this moment, there is a space for a 1983-D/D Roosevelt Dime. I have been searching for one of these at shows, online, and in dealers inventories, etc.. attempting to find one and with no luck, i haven't yet, and to this day, not a single copy has been graded, but that doesn't mean that there won't be one graded at a later time.

It was widely known that there were 2 known examples of the 1975-No/S Proof Roosevelt Dime, and it is listed in this set: Roosevelt Dimes Complete Variety Set, Proof (1950-present), yet no-one had seen one, not one of them had been sold, or graded by any of the TPG's, and yet it was in this set. No-one asked to have it removed, and then wham-bam, one came to light and was sold privately for $350,000+ and was sent to PCGS and was finally slabbed.

IMHO, the more varieties you can add to your set, the more fun it becomes, but that is just me.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to see that the 1920-D/D has been reinstated....as it should be.

Like Paul said....the more varieties added to the sets the more fun.