Quick Links:   Collectors Corner | PCGS | PSA | PSE | PSA/DNA | CU | Coinflation

Navigation:

FORUMS > VINTAGE SPORTSCARD TRADING [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: question about Topps Presentation Sets
Created On Friday July 23, 2010 1:03 PM

Justacommeman
Master Collector

Friday July 23, 2010 1:03 PM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

I have several high grade key 1962 Topps Baseball HOF cards I bought well over 10 years ago at auction. They are labeled as "Topps Presentation Set" on the SGC holder. Would there be any premium on these? I didn't pay any at the time ( I think). Just curious......................I actually would be interested in picking up more but I never see them. TIA, MJ

-------------------------
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Bottom

otwcards
Master Collector

Friday July 23, 2010 5:06 PM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

I doubt anyone would pay a premium. I broke several presentation sets and the one issue is that they tend to run a bit small. Almost all were MINSZ or EOT when submitted. Had a long discussion with Steve Rocchi and Mike Baker back in the day and showed him the presentation boxes (1962 and 1963 sets). After a long discussion, they eventually slabbed them, but crushed me on the grades. Mostly 8's (only a few 9's) on them even though they were smoking!!!

I know SGC was a little more understanding of the size variance as long as the cut characteristics were present...

MOO,
Scott

Looking to Upgrade my 1948 Leaf Football Master Set. Buying 1948 Leaf FB Autos, 1894 N302 Football, 19th Century Football Cabinets.

Bottom

Justacommeman
Master Collector

Friday July 23, 2010 5:38 PM

Thanks Scott. That's what a hoped you would say. I'd like to find more 62's................Thanks, MJ

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Bottom

RonBurgundy
Master Collector

Friday July 23, 2010 9:07 PM

No premium but I'll buy em. Call me.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Bottom

digicat
Master Collector

Friday July 23, 2010 10:46 PM

User is online View thread in raw text format

I remember some talk on the 1963 Topps thread about presentation sets yielding some beautiful high-grade cards. The gloss is a little different on those, right?

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Bottom

FORUMS > VINTAGE SPORTSCARD TRADING [ REFRESH ]
View Member Listing | Add To Member Listing

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership

Collectors Universe, Inc., or any subsidiary or affiliate is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any messages.

FuseTalk 3.0 - Copyright 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.