Home Metal Detecting
Options

Aug 9, 2015: 3 Silvers including ring made out of 1964 Kennedy half!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭
Got back to the same place I've been hitting. Still producing some keepers. Earlier in the hunt got a cent-ish signal that didn't quite sound right. Flipped the plug and heard a high tone. Figured it was a quarter and a cent in the plug, but I got a silver ring instead. Upon getting it home I could see something on the inside... saw the 1964 date and other elements of the a Kennedy half dollar. Pretty neat! The outside of the band is blank.

Ended the day with:

189? IHC
Dateless Buffalo nickel
Older Sterling band
1964 Kennedy ring
1940 Washington Quarter
6 Wheat cents
Junk ring with red stone

Odd the kennedy band is wavy, but it looks intentional. Very odd because the band from a week or two also has a wavy band. Put together they fit like a puzzle piece. Is this a new thing? Or were both stepped on and it's just a big coincidence?

HH all!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds... the Kennedy ring is great.... we used to make those rings in the Navy (Pre Kennedy halves)....I would say the deformation is damage and the fit with the other ring coincidence. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Nice finds.
    I agree with RickO....damage and coincidence regarding the rings.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet find !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Neat finds as always, especially the Kennedy Half ring. Agree with the others, the fit between the two rings is coincidence only.
  • Options
    BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    Looks like an amazing hunt to me .. You got a little bit of everything and it's not everyday you find a silver coin ring image

Good stuff - Keep it up image

Can't beat getting exercise and pulling silvers from Mother Earth 😎😎😎😎
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forums bigpoppas!

This is my first coin ring, so it's pretty special even though it's not pristine. Also is an example on why digging everything leads to some surprise finds.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome Pcgs...
    I'm a digger too, so I can appreciate the rarity of digging a coin ring ..
    I can't claim to have ever found one ..

Detecting is what got me interested in coin collecting again , but the overall thrill of the hunt is the best ..

Congrats again !!!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Bigpoppas.... any special areas you MD? What equipment do you use? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice finds image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome aboard Bigpoppas >>

Indeed! image

Congrats again, pcgs69!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks again for the Welcomes Pcgs, Ricko and Lord Marcovan image
    Good Luck & Happy Hunting !!

• Options

<< <i>Welcome aboard Bigpoppas.... any special areas you MD? What equipment do you use? Cheers, RickO >>

I pretty much beach hunt nowadays, but I did dirt hunt a lot when I was a kid ..
    I'm using a Minelab Excalibur II that will be turning 4 years old in another month and is starting to show its age .. Lol

It's been a great time !!!!