Home Metal Detecting
Options

Most of the coppers since 2009

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Starting to organize some things, and wanted to get all of the coppers together. Coated most with some Renaissance wax too to help them from flaking. After getting the initial bunch, realized about 5-10 were missing, but fortunately found them! The missing ones aren't pictured because they're in 2x2s. A few more than expected, and kind of neat to see them all in one lot. HH all!

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Great spread! What's the token to the right of the reddish-colored coin?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice spread.... that token next to the red one looks like a 'hard times token'...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a fun bunch of "greenies"! image

<< <i>Great spread! What's the token to the right of the reddish-colored coin? >>

That's an 1837 Hard Times token. The "Illustrious Predecessor" type. Has a galloping donkey on the side that's facing up. There's likely a turtle with a chest on his shell on the other side, right?

PS- as said before, that counterstamped large cent is really cool.

PPS- you should post those shots on the next (or most recent) "Copper for the Weekend" thread on the US Coin Forum, and mention they're all detector finds. That ought to get a few well-deserved "wows".

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks LordM.... I thought that is what it might be.... just could not be sure. Heck of a find though...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Yeah, I would love to find one of those, even if it was a crusty critter.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LordM nailed it! Think it's my only HTT. Have a few Canadian coppers from the 1820s and 1830s as well.

And good idea LordM! Might be worth a shot putting it on the Copper for the Weekend thread. See if people cringe over the sea of green and flaking, or are kind of intrigued by them.
  • Options
    Now we need to see the silver heap in its entirety! image

• Options
    Oh yeah.... that pile of silver would be a nice picture....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    would love to get all of the silver coins in one pile! but they're all locked up and also in 2x2 holders. But I can probably scrounge together the silver jewelry for a pic if anyone's interested.
  • Options

<< <i>would love to get all of the silver coins in one pile! but they're all locked up and also in 2x2 holders. But I can probably scrounge together the silver jewelry for a pic if anyone's interested. >>

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats amazing. nice job to image