Home Metal Detecting
Options

June 22, 2015: 9 more silvers

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
Had about 3.5 hours yesterday to hit the Silver Spot. Somehow it keeps producing. The first 5 coins were three mercs (first coin was a merc!), a buffalo nickel and a wheat cent. Ended with 9 silver coins, and surprisingly, no jewelry to note.

Some of these silvers are a whole different kind of toast... sort of corroded. But they're still silver!

5 Mercs
1 Roosevelt
2 Washington Quarters
1 1926 SLQ

Also got two Buffalo nickels

Surprised the SLQ actually had a date on it.

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Washington quarters don't have any metal missing and will clean up nicely.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice score pcgs. every now and then again one gets a slq with a date ( you knew that ) and im glad of it to when i get them image
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Yipee !! You can't shake a day like that with a stick !!

Just plain outstanding.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the only way that you aren't going to be finding silver is to leave the country and not take your metal detector. image Nice finds on the return.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Kept thinking that I'd find some kind of medieval coin around one of the castles while sightseeing. But unfortunately that didn't happen. Only saw a couple of modern Euro one cent coins. It really got the blood pumping hearing about sites that date to the 1100s or 1200s. Rekindled an interest in making a trek to England one of these years.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice silver group..... and a dated SLQ - cool. Yeah, MD'ing Europe would be great fun....England would be good, much of Europe though, has laws that prevent/limit the activity. Cheers, RickO