Home Metal Detecting
Options

Pocket spill finds

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
All of us like to find the mother lode every once in awhile. I've found some nice ones at times. These are my best single demonination finds in one spot or hole.

Dollar coins-----2
Halves-----------1
Quarters--------13
Dimes-----------17
Nickels-----------7
Pennies----------51 This must have been a roll that was dropped as they were all lined up however the paper was long gone.

And interesting penny find was over 500 by a Shelter house in a park. These pennies were just everywhere. It looked like someone had just thrown them like you would throw grass seed. They were all in the grass. I didn't have to probe for any of them. It probably took me an hour and a half to find them. There was a little clad in there too. My hamstrings were a little sore after this hunt. I just called it my "Easter Bunny" hunt. image

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I would have the patience to pick up 500 Lincolns. Kudos to you PPC for that! I recall there was one time within a 15 square foot area, there were 40something wheat cents. All at the same depth, as if someone took a roll and scattered them. It was post-wheat cent era, and they weren't buried for that long, maybe 10-20 years.

Still waiting for that sweet cache of silver coins
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those type of finds are exciting... coins just keep coming....I found five quarters once.... at a lover's lane site... draw your own conclusions image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I have found many old and not so old picnic penny searches. The coins mixed with sawdust just keep coming. I recall a gravel parking lot dump of over 100 pennies. I figured it was an ash tray dump. My best pocket spill would be 3 silver coins, quarter, dime, nickel in one little plug.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    The president of our local treasure club once found a roll of clad quarters, minus the wrapper.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The president of our local treasure club once found a roll of clad quarters, minus the wrapper. >>

nice surprise on that one im sure
  • Options
    demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    There is a park near me that has a large Japanese koi fish pond. People like to throw coins in the pond. About every 3-6 months they clean the pond and dump the fish poop in large piles in a certain location. I first discovered the piles by accident. That first day I got close to 700 coins. There were so many that a detector was not needed. A friend found a Russian kopeck dated 1800 near the piles.