Home Metal Detecting

newbie scores

zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
Tried the empty lot being turned into a parking lot, ground was virtually impossible to dig (black and red clay) so I gave that up pretty quick. Went back to the little league park, made a few adjustments on the detector for lower tones, as I have only used the highest setting with high tones to eliminate all debris. Started out digging up a lot of pop tops (very frustrating) and will knock down your confidence level pretty quick , but I stuck with it. Finally hit on a few dimes and a couple of quarters . Then hit a high tone , dug down about 6 inches, grabbed a few hand fulls of dirt and ran that under the unit and was left with one small clod of dirt about the size of a quarter . Dropped that clod down on my sifting tray and there he was looking back at me all nice and shiny, a 64-d rosey. I am officially no longer a silver virgin. Total 2-quarters, 5-dimes 4-clad, 1-silver and 6-cents.
Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

Comments

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I suggest you dig every signal at the same depth, especially in a trashy area.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the silver....I would work that spot a bit more.... Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! You will always remember your first silver.

That's the hard part about low tones... so much junk. But there is good stuff hiding within those tones, just plenty of frustration in between the good stuff.

Congrats on your first silver!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay! You've officially been "silvered"!

That shine sure looks nice comin' outta the dirt, doesn't it?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.