Home Metal Detecting
Options

todays find

zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
went back to an empty lot where an old house used to be and came up with 6- lincolns (1 wheat '51), and 4 dimes. Hit this same lot about 10 days ago and found 33-lincolns (3-wheats ) 4-dimes, 1-quarter and a chucky cheese token, circa 1995. still waiting for my first silver find.
Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭
    Deep wheat cents are usually a sign that silver is in the area; however, shallow wheat cents could have been dropped in recent times. Good luck.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep at it, it will come
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Not a bad start. image
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    At least some wheat cents are coming out. Hopefully some silver is hiding nearby. Keep us posted
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you're in an area that starts producing multiple Wheaties, silver is usually lurking nearby.

For most people, that first silver coin will be a Mercury dime. (They pop up slightly more often than silver Roosevelts, at least in my experience, because they circulated longer.)

My first was a dateless Standing Liberty quarter, though. You never know. That's the beauty of it. You could get a real surprise.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    my first silver (which was with my dad) was a 1948 Roosevelt. Believe that was back in 1993, possibly 1992.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a good area, almost certain to be some silver there....although, if a house 'used to be there' and is no more, it could be quite deep due to ground leveling etc.. Cheers, RickO