Home Metal Detecting

Out once again....gotta change directions I think....

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went to a spot that has produced some fine nuggets in the past only to find that it is now someone's claim.

Usually not much value in placer deposits or at least not enough to go to the expense and trouble of filing a
claim....but alas nobody around to talk to about getting permission to detect...

Left with a sullen face.

Have to rethink and plan for new/old areas to visit. All getting so far away that it requires overnight stays
and that becomes expensive quickly....

Heading up to Lida, NV (google it) and do some looking around and off to the Sylvania Mts for a look as well.

May not get much detecting as will more be looking for open ground and prospecting...Detecting/mining comes
after prospecting....

Sure is a fun hobby though!!

bob
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear things didn't pan out this time. Seems like the hobbies of searching for metals are hot or cold. And every now and again, a bad hunt goes to one of the best hunt of the year with just that one unsuspecting signal that changes everything.

I tried some river prospecting here in New England with a buddy. Got one of those Gold Cubes too. It was hard work and we didn't find much of anything. We did find one "picker" and some small flakes, but I'm more of a metal detecting guy. I bet with some experience those guys can do pretty well.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nugget shooting can be tough....streams are usually the best bet...glory holes and inside bends after flooding.... Good luck...Cheers, RickO