Home Metal Detecting
Options

Back detecting after a month

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
Finally got out again on Saturday after a month freeze/snow out. ( At least it hasn't been as bad here as out East) I stopped at the tire chip playground that I tried in January. I found $2.96 in the chips and as found 2 one dollar bills in the chips. Two different spots with just the edges showing. How they got there is beyond me. Makes you wonder if there are more there. The ground had been a little muddy and I could see where the kids play on one side away from the chips so I tried there too and came up with a total for the two spots of $7.68. I've got to get back there on another weekend.

This is the kind of weather that I like to hunt. The grass is brown and down and not hard so probing with as screwdriver doesn't take much time. If any of you hunt in grassy areas around high schools if there is a frosty morning or a very light snow check to see where the kids foot prints are and then check this area later.

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip regarding schools and footprints. The weather here finally broke and we are at or above seasonal temps (it's almost 60 now). I'm supposed to go on a group hunt this coming Sunday. I haven't been out in about 3 months! image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ground is still frozen/snow covered here...but the temperatures are on the rise.... had one warm day (50 degrees), but right back to freezing after that...now 28 degrees... Cheers, RickO