Home Metal Detecting

Snow

rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
Another 8 inches of snow yesterday. Spring seems such a long way off.....imageimage Cheers, RickO

Comments

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    I went detecting on January 31st. I found four wheats and a 1952-D quarter. The next day it snowed over a foot, and I don't foresee it melting any time soon.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Just seems to keep snowing here too. We get a nice two day break before we get another 1 to 3 inches on Thursday.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more here thursday, saterday and God knows what for the freaking weekend.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep...more tomorrow and Saturday...and super cold temperatures...will not get over 12 on Saturday...Cheers, RickO
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Our club outing for February was slated to be this Sunday, Feb. 15. But after quite a few days with temps above freezing, it's going to drop soon. Sunday's high to be just 18, with gusty winds. The hunt was postponed until the following Sunday, Feb. 22. I cannot remember the last time I got out, much of that being busy with job/career and home life. Maybe spring will be better on my hunting schedule!

Edit: No Feb. 22 hunt, either. We got a lot of snow and some crazy cold temps, at least for this area. Ground is frozen for a while image
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    32 this AM..And that's in FL image
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    It got down to negative 10 last night.
    Still only 14 degrees here (at 11:30 am) from 1 degree this morning. Long way to MD season here.. Cheers, RickO
    be careful saterday night and sunday morning, there saying mother nature is going to send a real good mix of carp at us here in new england.
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for "global warming"....
  • PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Nearly a foot on it's way, -25 last night in NE Ohio.
    Should be a good season coming for morel mushroom hunting, IF the Spring weather cooperates.
    Four to eight inches of snow on the way today.....was four degrees this morning, now up to sixteen....spring is far away...Cheers, RickO

<< <i>Four to eight inches of snow on the way today.....was four degrees this morning, now up to sixteen....spring is far away...Cheers, RickO >>

lots of roofs coming down up in the boston area. tis is not good.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I used to live in Boston…was there for the storms of '78…..great city but don't miss the weather.
    Doing yard work at 75F now!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    Four inches of snow yesterday and now 40 degrees... amazing... Cheers, RickO
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    Passed the 100 inch Mark for snowfall over the weekend. Most of it is still on the ground. Temperature hasn't been above freezing in 4 weeks. Currently-6 with wind chill of -24.
    I did get out one morning this month. Found a cell phone lost in a 6 foot snow pile.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    No snow since Saturday here, but it was around -30 last night. Car barely started this morning.
  • PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    -30! Oh My.
    Perhaps the freeze-thaw cycle will bring things a bit closer to the surface, is an interesting subject.
    I am just hoping for one more good season.
    Minus 6 degrees yesterday (-30 is frightening pcgs69), but a moderate 7 degrees this morning... warmed up to 20 now.... could spring be on the way?? image Cheers, RickO
    wow, 28 degrees here today.
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Minus 6 degrees yesterday (-30 is frightening pcgs69), but a moderate 7 degrees this morning... warmed up to 20 now.... could spring be on the way?? image Cheers, RickO >>

-15 here yesterday, but low to mid 30's today. I would not throw in the towel on Spring. I read about the weather in 1936 (I'm into natural science too) and we had a very cold / snowy Winter, but a brutally hot Summer that year.

I have a solution for the global warming scientists: Make them into Elf Street Broenes (put on their bathing suits and take a dip in the ocean) in the temperatures we are experiencing. Coldest spot in my area yesterday: Mt. Washington NH checked in at -35.

Better still, the global warming people could put their tongues on a steel pole, and they will still sound about the same after they get unstuck. image