Home Metal Detecting

My years of detecting

I started metal detecting in 1995 after my wife surprised me on my birthday with a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV detector. I virtually stopped detecting in 2007 when we moved permanently to Southern Arizona. In those (12) years, I found $3,922.67 in coins. From day one, I recorded everything I found. The biggest amount I ever found in one day was $19.60. The best coin I ever found was a 1887-S five dollar gold coin. It is in remarkably good condition for a found coin. It was laying on top of the ground in a park where I think some kid may have lost it. In all, I found 137 Wheaties, 17 silver dimes, 8 silver quarters, and one Franklin half. My wife has over (100) rings that I found over the years. Nine of them are gold. One is a very nice Lindy Star sapphire (14K white gold) with a small diamond on each side of it. I once found two class rings and was able to get them back to the rightful owner. They gave me a $50.00 reward. I found a wedding and engagement ring set that was apprised at $1,000 back in 1998. (32) of the rings are .925 silver or sterling. One is a black hills gold that my wife actually lost three different times and got it returned all three times. I could go on and on with the other rings, but suffice it to say, most of them are quite nice.

After having two major operations in 2013 and being almost 81 years old, I have slowed down a bit. I last detected in October of this year in California where I was still able to swing the coil for almost four hours. I found $11.87 that day. It was not on a beach. I don't know how to post pictures or I would show you some of the rings and the $5.00 gold coin. Detecting has been a wonderful hobby and I support all of you in your detecting efforts. I look often at the site to see what all has been found. Good luck to all of you in your detecting adventures and Happy New Year to one and all.

Ken, the metaldetectinghound.

Comments