Home Metal Detecting
Options

dug 2 seated quarters today

what are the odds of getting 2 1853 quarters? a friend dug a 1912 dime first. this got us going ya! then I got a quarter on opposite ends of the area we where in. its been years since I dug my last seated quarter.

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DD..your finds/digs are exceptional as always.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    nice digs demo! I've only ever found two seated quarters and you rock two in the same day!
  • Options
    ya this place dates to the 1840's. that's old for California. been many years since my last seated quarter. 4 of us out there and I get the only seated coins. there is a big property nearby and we're hoping to get permission to it. I don't think this place has ever been detected. that in itself is amazing. there is very little written about this area.
  • Options
    Will you be taking off work to get back there? An old site that's possibly unhunted will be calling me every minute. Keep us posted on what else pops up. There's some real promise here
  • Options
    I'm in no rush. It will always be there. No one knows where it is. The more important question is will we get into the main area. A huge resort probably loaded with silvers.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    That is wicked awesome. One seated is good, but two in one day is unheard of.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Holy cow, two seateds, in one day?? Great finds!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never found two silver Washingtons in one day. That must have been a great feeling to find two.image
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    went through my records and these take me to 8 seated quarters dug. we are currently working on permission for more of the property. so far I have dug: 1853X2, 54, 55, 56, 60, 61 and 76cc.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is amazing.... great finds....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    How many seated coins have you found in all?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nice digs demo! I've only ever found two seated quarters and you rock two in the same day! >>

I've only found one, ever.

And both of those look nicer.

Both "53 Arrows & Rays. That's interesting.

My only dug one is a "55 Arrows.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I stopped counting while ago. I think I'm over 70 seated coins. I've dug the arrows dimes, I think they were the 53 and 54? I also have some from the 1870s. I think it was 1872? 1887 might have been a prosperous year, cause I've dug 5-6 of that year.

The 1980s-90s, were great for demos. Entire neighborhoods were being torn down. Contractors didn't care if we were in the properties. Everyone was digging seateds, barbers tokens, you name it. It's not so easy now. Were out exploring lost and forgotten towns and gathering places. Gotta read the old books, study the maps and talk to people.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I guess I need to move, or MD while traveling on vacation, because I have never dug a seated coin. Good job! image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a nice dig demo. wtg on that one image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I'm trying to remember how many Seated coins I've dug. It's been a long, long time since one turned up.

Half dimes: 3 (one dateless pre-1860, two dated 1854, all holed)

Dimes: 4 (1839, 1862, 1876-S, 1884)

Quarters: 1 (1855)

Halves and dollars: 0 (none... yet!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.