Home Metal Detecting
Options

Anyone in Maryland?

My birthday is on Monday and I was given an early birthday present, a Garrett Ace 250! I'm pretty excited but unsure where to start hunting. My understanding is that Maryland is strict on restrictions. Does anyone know any public locations that allow hunting?

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday and congrats on a nice gift image. I just sent you a PM with some Maryland specifics.

Did your unit come with headphones? I'm not familiar with the Ace 250, but most machines are quite loud so many of us use headphones. Helps to stay discreet among the populace and can help you hear fainter signals. Keep in mind they all use the old-school style headphone jacks, not the more modern, 3.5mm jack you see on smartphones or iPods.

If you are going to do this long-term, you may want to plan on buying a pinpointer. It's a smaller device that will greatly speed up recovery and save a lot of time. I have the Garrett Pro Pointer and I wouldn't want to hunt without it.

Have a fun time and be sure to post your finds image
  • Options
    PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    Wow, nice gift. Good luck when you get yourself some legal hunting ground!
    EAC, ANA Member
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool gift.
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday and that is a nice starter unit...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Try the playgrounds, Coinnut. Baby steps. Fill in your holes.
    Stay away from Civil War battlefields. If you get caught, you'll think the war hasn't ended.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the detector! Here's to years of productive detecting.
  • Options
    Where in MD you located? In Gettysburg PA here but walking distance to MD line. I got plenty of places to go.....
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    Germantown. I'm hoping to go to the Gettysburg coin show on 9/20 and maybe stop somewhere (legal) in PA