Home Metal Detecting

For Sale: Minelab E-trac

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Will start here first. Selling my e-trac. Bought new in 2009 and still working perfectly. Only selling because I just bought a CTX3030. Overall great condition and runs great. The coil has some scuffs and a few ticks, but no issues and is still waterproof. I will spray on a fresh coat of truck bed liner before sending. The upper shaft was replaced last year with a new one (was about $60 if I remember correctly). Here's what's included:

• Minelab E-trac detector
• Dust/rain covers for monitor and battery case
• Coil Stabilizer (it's that plexi-glass thing in the photo. So the coil doesn't move when swinging)
• Minelab Carrying case
• Manual
• Andy Sabisch's book on the e-trac. An absolute must-read before using
• Standard battery pack - no problem holding its charge
• Battery pack that takes 8 AA batteries (no AA batteries will be included)
• Charger
• Exchange cd (but note I do not have the cord to connect the e-trac to your computer)

The coil is a bit dirty in the pics. I promise to give it a detailed cleaning before shipping. Please PM with any questions. Asking $795 delivered.

I am not going to re-set the e-trac to original factory settings. This is something you can do easily - instructions are in the manual. I run it in quickmask mode only blocking ferrous objects of 27 or higher. Also using manual sensitivity as high as possible.

Comments

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious...why would you want to spray truck bed liner on the coil- Waterproofing? Wouldn't that interfere with sensitivity?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool. ill ask a few fiends if their interested.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Johnny! Keep me posted and if you find someone I'll get you a little bonus.

Also forgot to mention there is a Zagg "Invisible Shield" screen protector on it. You can kind of see the outline in the screen images. It's the whole face... display screen, buttons and all. Still holding perfectly.

Telephoto - spraying the liner on it protects it from scratches. Plus, I lost the coil cover. Like, how does someone just lose a coil cover? But I did. It doesn't affect sensitivity at all. And it may be better than a coil cover because with a cover, dirt and other debris gets between the cover and coil and may cause interference. The one downfall of the truck bed liner is that it wears away over time. Or maybe I just got the ghetto brand?

I may have to hold off spraying it though. I'm in the process of moving and who knows what box it's actually in. I'll poke around tonight for it.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bedliner spray IS better than a coil cover (does not collect dirt and debris) and will not affect sensitivity. Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the CTX3030. When I was in England with a group of six guys, every single one of them except me was using the CTX3030. Never thought I'd feel outgunned with a Garrett 2500 in my hand, but I was overwhelmed by all the tech talk in the van on the very first day, when they picked us up from Heathrow.

One guy also had an XP Deus as a backup machine, which he used one day in the field. I thought it was pretty neat.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations on the CTX3030. When I was in England with a group of six guys, every single one of them except me was using the CTX3030. Never thought I'd feel outgunned with a Garrett 2500 in my hand, but I was overwhelmed by all the tech talk in the van on the very first day, when they picked us up from Heathrow.

One guy also had an XP Deus as a backup machine, which he used one day in the field. I thought it was pretty neat. >>

My local club is raffling off an XP Deus.