Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: 1992 Donruss Rookies "Jumbo wax packs"....

Hello everyone, I'm looking to purchase a 1987 Donruss Highlights baseball sealed case. These 56 card sets came 15 sets to a box and 4 boxes to a case. Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with? It would be mucho appreciated. Please feel free to PM me or send an e-mail at:

Jimyanks25@aol.com

Thanks for the help everyone, this would help me out big time. Would also accept trades if interested.

Jimmy
Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

Comments

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Bumpage, does anybody have some illusive 1987 Donruss Highlights that are collecting dust on the bottom of the closet? Maybe in the basement? If so, here's your chance to free up some space. Looking for sealed cases only. Thanks for any help.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    FYI, the sets also came in a 2 box case. I bought 1 case of the Highlights and 2 cases of the Rookies direct from DR back in 1987 both came 2 boxes per case. Cost direct was $120 for a 2 box case. I still have a sealed case of the 1988 Rookies also a two box case.

Paul
  • Options

<< <i>FYI, the sets also came in a 2 box case. I bought 1 case of the Highlights and 2 cases of the Rookies direct from DR back in 1987 both came 2 boxes per case. Cost direct was $120 for a 2 box case. I still have a sealed case of the 1988 Rookies also a two box case.

Paul >>

Oh ok great thank you for the information! I have 2 unopened cases of the 1986 Donruss Highlights and they were both 4 box cases. BBCE has those in stock, but 1987's don't seem to be as plentiful, or maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Even Fleabay is dry..
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as 1980s cards go, that set is really condition sensitive. Not sure why. If you end up getting a 10 on a McGwire #54 I'd be interested.

Good luck in your pursuit.
  • Options

<< <i>As far as 1980s cards go, that set is really condition sensitive. Not sure why. If you end up getting a 10 on a McGwire #54 I'd be interested.

Good luck in your pursuit. >>

Thanks for the kind words. PM sent momentarily.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Still looking fellas. Are these rare for the time period? Just curious. There is one box on Feebay and it has been already molested lol. Looking for a sealed case or cases of these..any ideas?
  • Options
    Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've "bumped" this. Just wondering if anyone wants to part with either a sealed case or "15-set boxes" of this. Any help or leads are appreciated. Would also consider trades. Please PM if any of you have anything available or if you want to free up closet space. For a modern issue, these cases and 15 set boxes don't seem to be easy to find. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    Happy Saturday.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Saturday. >>

Happy Saturday Jimmy!!!

Someone please help this guy out. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Do you know what color the case is? I dug through and found one of the blue ones, but the number on it was 866 so I assume that's a 1986?

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options

Do you know what color the case is? I dug through and found one of the blue ones, but the number on it was 866 so I assume that's a 1986?

Jeff

Hi Jeff, yes unfortunately that's a 1986 Donruss Highlights case that you have there. If you stumble upon an 87 or even an 85 that would be great. These 87's seem hard. I see a lot of single "56 card" sets on the Bay, but was looking for untouched sets in a sealed case or a 15 count box. For a modern issue, these seem scarce unless people just aren't selling them right now for whatever reason. Thanks for replying.

Jimmy
  • Options

Happy Saturday Jimmy!!!

Someone please help this guy out.

Hi Mike! Long time no speak, how have you been? Thanks for the endorsement image

Jimmy
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy, I'd help you out but 1987 is like shiny modern to me. image

1980 Topps, OTOH...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Tim, who would have thought that 1980 unopened boxes/cases are more plentiful than 87 Highlights image
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump for un-junk.
  • Options
    Bump ttt! Been awhile, anyone have anything?
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Anyone out there have these? Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    I have a large unopened deal going down today. The guy has a lot of Donruss stuff throughout the 80's in box/case form.

I will ask him if he has any
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    Ok thank you Tom! Out of the 3 years that Donruss made these Highlights sets, 1987 "seems" to be the hardest to find in unopened case form..even the 15-set boxes seem tough. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Jimmy
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    Good evening guys. I'm looking to purchase some 1992 Donruss "The Rookies" 30 card jumbo wax packs...does anyone have any? Please PM me if you have any available..thanks a lot!
  • Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    Tom... What did you get in your large deal?
  • Options
    Anyone have any? Hook up a passionate junk wax collector! Lol.