Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Anyone Interested in Some 1978 Topps Fun Packs and/or loose '78 FB or '78/79 Hockey Packs?

I have available a full box of 1978 Topps Fun Packs (36 fun packs). Each 30-pack Fun Pack contains: 6 1978 Topps FB, 4 1978/79 Topps Hockey, 6 1978 Topps Star Wars Series 4, 7 1978 Topps Grease Series 1, and 7 1978 Topps Jaws Series 2. I also have the box that they originally came in. They seem to be selling for $275-$290 between BBCE and eBay, I'd take $200 each.

I also have 200 loose packs of both 1978 Topps FB and 1978/79 Topps Hockey. They are not graded, but I've both checked everything for tampering (roller lines, creases, etc.) as well as opened 10 packs of each in which I pulled multiple Walter Payton, Ed Too Tall Jones, Mike Bossy, etc. so I'm quite confident none have been searched/tampered with at all. I'd like $15 each for the '78 FB, and $10 each for the Hockey. S/H will be at actual cost, will use Priority when it makes the most sense from cost perspective.

If anyone is interested, or if anyone has any questions, please let me know. Also, my work week is crazy this week. I won't be able to invoice everyone until this weekend, so appreciate everyone's patience on that. Thanks! -Ken

NO MORE FOOTBALL AS OF NOW (BUT MIGHT BE GETTING SOME MORE) ; STILL TAKING RESERVATIONS ON HOCKEY AND THE FUN PACKS

Reserved:

Football:
36 - slum22 - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
10 - vintagefun - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
5 - mikelowell - invoice sent - PAID
36 - jfkheat - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
7 - baz518 - inoice send - PAID - SHIPPED
10 - flcardtrader - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
15 - fergie23 - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
36 - initialID - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED

FB Waitlist:
36 - blee1
36 - JustinsShoeBox
36 - SleepyDave

Hockey:
5 - vintagefun - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
5 - mikelowell - invoice sent - PAID
10 - fergie23 - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
36 - SleepyDave - invoice sent - PAID
15 - lightningboy - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
5 - Mullins5 - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED
15 - flcardtrader - invoice sent - PAID - SHIPPED

FUN PACKS:

Fun Packs Case

Fun Packs Bag

Comments

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe you have your PM's (private messages) turned on. I would be interested in your 78 FB packs. Once you turn your private messaging on you can PM me by hitting the yellow lock icon to the upper right of my post. Thanks,

Steve
    Steve
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Ken - I'd take 10 FB and 5 HK.

Please PM me at convenience.

Thanks
    Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Ken, I also would be interested in a few football and hockey packs (exact # of each TBD); please pm me as well--thanks!
    Duplicate post!
    Triplicate post!
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If still available I would like 36 1978 football packs.
    James
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd take 7 packs of FB if still available.
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    10 packs of 78 FB for me as well please.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    If available I would be interested in 15 1978 football and 10 1978 hockey packs.

Robb
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I too would like some football and hockey packs, box worth of each

PM me when you can thanks
  • blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    If still available I would like 36 1978 football packs.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • I would be interested in 36 Football and 36 Hockey.

Thank you,

Dave
  • kencopekencope Posts: 416 ✭✭
    Dave & Justin - I have to hold off on the FB until I hear back from a couple of people that posted first. Dave, I did put you down for the 36 hockey. Thanks!
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Hello, I would be interested in 15 packs of the Hockey. Thank you, Tom
    Got you down, Tom, thanks!
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Do you have any extras of the Star Wars packs or other nonsports? I may be interested.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    5 Hockey, thank you!
    Gregmo - Not loose, just in the Fun Packs. Although it appears if you wanted to buy the Fun Packs, you could certainly sell the sports packs out of them.

Mullins5 - Got you down, thanks!
    Just noticed this thread had been updated by Ken PM's are turned on.

PM Sent to follow up on the 10 78 FB packs.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
    Sending out invoices now, and should be able to ship on Saturday. Will ship everything USPS Priority Mail at actual cost. Thanks for everyone's purchases!
    Thanks for the deal Ken.

Payment made.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
    Payment sent. Thank you.
    James
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Paid

Robb
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Paid as well, thanks again!
    Thanks all, will ship tomorrow for those that have paid through tonight. -Ken
    I just dropped the price down on the Fun Packs to $225, which is a ridiculously great deal. They're $275-$280 everywhere else!
    I received my packs today and am very happy with them. Thank you Ken.
    James

BTW, BBCE has these Fun Packs for $275. Ken's price of $225 is a good deal.
    Glad they're getting to people safely and everyone is satisfied. No bites on the Fun Packs? Do I really have to eBay them?
    Received the packs in the mail today. Look nice and I opened two of the ones with broken gum, plan to keep the unbroken ones sealed. No Bossy (darn!) BUT the cards look very nice and a few are even gradable. Very happy, thank you Ken!
    Thanks bud, glad you enjoyed them! I've opened about 12 of them myself and haven't got a Bossy rookie, but did get two of the Bossy LL cards.

Quick question for you - I wasn't sure by your statement if PSA doesn't grade them with broken gum? I heard something about that, but have never had a pack graded myself.

<< <i>Thanks bud, glad you enjoyed them! I've opened about 12 of them myself and haven't got a Bossy rookie, but did get two of the Bossy LL cards.

Quick question for you - I wasn't sure by your statement if PSA doesn't grade them with broken gum? I heard something about that, but have never had a pack graded myself. >>

Not 100% sure but I've heard they don't grade packs with loose or broken gum. You're tempting me to open the rest to get a Bossy!
    Great packs! Thanks Ken!

I'll likely open 2 of the 5 hockey.

Thanks again!
    Jim
    Thanks to you as well, Jim!

Anyone else need some '78 Hockey Packs or '78 Topps Fun Packs?
    Willing to give a discount to anyone that wants to buy the hockey packs in big quantity and can pay immediately......
    PM sent.
    thanks bud, back at ya
    Received my 10 packs last week but didnt open the box til tonight. Opened three of the five football packs: the first two each yielded dorsett rookies and the last two each yielded stallworth rookies (so the second pack had both dorsett and stallworth!)(and the third pack had stallworth and #333 rushing leaders with payton); not too bad for 15 bucks apiece!! And nothing like the feeling of opening original, legit, untampered packs!!image
  • Wow, that's awesome, Mike! And to think I searched every single pack and couldn't find them (kidding, of course). Do you have scans? Gradeable? Thanks again for your purchase.
  • I received my hockey packs yesterday and am very happy with them. I won't be opening them yet, but it is tempting.

Thanks, Dave
  • PMs answered - anybody else on here run into the issue where they can't see the last post? It shows me SleepyDave posted last, but I can't see that post.
    Once again theres a glitch on these boards; cant see the last post so I'm posting so I'll be able to see itimageimage

edited to add: ken, now that I'm able to see the last post (which was yours obviously) the answer to your question is a resounding "yes"!!!!!
    Thanks for posting, Mike. At least I know it's not me. I uploaded some pics of the Fun Packs case for those that wanted to see.
    I can't see the last messages posted either.
    James
    Anyone else have some interest? Just realizing that the Star Wars 4 are more rare than I thought.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    How much are the Star Wars packs?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
    $8-10 per pack at National.
    That sounds about right. I don't have any loose packs of the Star Wars, only those that are in the Fun Packs. I'm sure you would have some takers for the other packs if I broke some open, but since I have a complete case I would only want to do that if I had committals of selling quite a few of them out.

<< <i>$8-10 per pack at National. >>

• Anyone else that needs some?
    up to the top......Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!