Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

WANTED: T-206 cards of New York Players. 5/25/17 update - Another addition.

DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
T-206 cards ... I began by buying a few cards from a weekly auction. I saw a couple of low graded T-206 cards of New York players and thought it might be fun to start a new project.

So, my new project is low graded T-206 cards of New York players. I'm not looking to buy the expensive ones ... yet. Right now I'm looking at PSA 1-5 (or SGC equivalent) that present well. My favorites are cards that have a pinhole or some paper loss on the back. I'd also be interested in raw cards that look decent.

I think this and continuing my 1952 Topps Set in autographed form will keep me busy for many years to come.

Thanks for any help in obtaining these cards. As of 5/25/17 I have 69 cards in my T206 Sub Set. I will post pics as they come in.

Here is a list of the ones I still need:

HIGHLANDERS - Chase, white cap; Chesbro; Keeler, both of them; Kleinow, catching;

GIANTS - Mathewson, all three; McGraw, 2 out of the 4 - I have "Finger in Air" and "Glove at Hip"; Tenney.

I'm never going to own the expensive ones, but I'm happy with the ones I can obtain. This project has become a lot of fun.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Douglas!! great set--good luck

I just got my 11 year old great nephew to start the set--been helping him out.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Were these sold nationwide? I do not remember seeing them as a kid.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I'm not sure where they were distributed.

Here is a quote from an article in SMR: Details on how these cards were originally distributed have been difficult to uncover, but experts seem to agree that they were available in one- and five-cent packs.

From DeansCards.com: The 1964 Topps Stand Ups were sold in both 1 cent and 5 cent packs, but interestingly, Topps used four different wrapper designs for the packs.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Manny ... is he doing a raw or graded set?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

TTT Thanks.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Doug:

Good luck with this set....I happen to love this issue!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
    Thanks Bill.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Anyone looking to sell?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Still looking.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• My friend Phil Regli who wrote the Becketts guide on Publications is a great Ebay seller.

Here are lots of 64 Stand Ups

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cards-/212/m.html?_ssn=wwwprpsportscom&_sop=10&_ipg=200&_from=R40&_nkw=1964

Hope this helps

Barry
    Still looking.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Again.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

One 'mo time!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Still looking.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I got a clemente PSA 5 under ebay username swartz1

$160 dlvd

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

<< <i>I got a clemente PSA 5 under ebay username swartz1. $160 dlvd >>

Mike ... thanks for letting me know. However, out of my price range .... I will pass. Good luck with the sale.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Still looking
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Thought there would be more available here.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Anybody?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Doug,

I recently picked some nice raw ones up if you want to see them; and oh by the way, at the same time I picked up a couple of more raw 59 Fleer Williams.

James
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
    James ... Pm sent. Thank you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

James????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Thought there would have been some more sellers.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

up
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Top.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Yup ... still looking for the cards in the first post.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Nobody else?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Where are all the mid graded ones?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Anyone else?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Huge thanks to Bobby (BPorter26) who sent me the #49 Bill Mazeroski Stand-up as a gift! Thanks again Bobby!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

32 to go.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Down to 31 ... just won a nice looking "6" Ed Roebuck on eBay.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

THIRTY-ONE TO GO!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Still looking.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

LIST UPDATED 03/16/15
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Anyone have any?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• mbz430embz430e Posts: 237 ✭✭
    I have a Banks but it's an 8. It will be going to eBay soon if you have any interest contact me via PM.
    JDRF saves lives, let not another child walk down the path of juvenile diabetes alone. Consider giving either time or money, it will come back to you. $15,800 and counting....
    Thanks very much for the offer, but that's out of my price range. Best of luck with your sale.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Thanks Scott, but I only need the ones listed on the first page.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Anyone else have any?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Still looking for the ones in the first post.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Anybody else have any?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• pm sent
    Mystery Card Shopper
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

treetootoo
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug