Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Question...to peel or not to peel?

i am working on a 96-97 select certified mirror gold hockey set and was wondering would it decrease the value if i peel them or not? input please.

Comments

• Options
    you'd probably get more hits on this thread if it wasnt in the B/S/T, as it's off topic.

Having said that, yes, it will decrease value if you remove the peel. I dont know these cards, but everything is worth more in its original state.

Econ 101 (in relative terms):
    Every card is able to be peeled, therefore there is an 'unlimited' amount of peeled cards.
    Once the card is peeled, it cannot not be reversed, therefore there is a limited (and never increasing) amount of unpeeled cards.
    Supply and Demand.
    (assuming) Demand will 'stay the same'
    If the supply of the unpeeled cards decreases and then the price will increase.
    You are going against this...

... Simply put, don't peel them image

Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options
    LampyLampy Posts: 329
    thanks for your input...i never peel any of my cards but was wondering over the many peeled cards on ebay.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I have never noticed any price difference in peeled vs peeled. They sure look a lot prettier peeled.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never noticed any price difference in peeled vs peeled. They sure look a lot prettier peeled. >>

+1
  • Options
    This thread confuses and frightens me. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury.... I'm just a caveman.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA