Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Anyone know who "4champ" is on eBay? - UPDATED FOR FINAL RESOLUTION

If you're here, speak up - or if someone knows who it is please comment

"4champ" hijacked my picture from my auction of a 1956 Topps Rizzuto PSA 7

They had 2 listed, I offered on the other one which got accepted, it arrived today but wasn't the same card - it was a different 1956 Rizzuto PSA 7 (and of course not as nice)

I've flagged it to eBay and opened a case to get it all stopped, but in the meantime I'm willing to give this person a chance to fess up here and try to make it right

UPDATE: 4champ and I squared things up, seller made a silly mistake but took care of it so all good

Comments

• bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    And links

Here's my auction DELETED

And the hijacked photo DELETED

One good thing of note, the PSA Registry reached out asking me to release the card from my inventory. I sent them the photos tonight so they know I still have it in my set. Great thing about the registry if you ask me.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    That's really a bummer image. Just a heads up that I cannot get your links to work.
  • BOUNCE....

I bought the other card!

I have it. In hand.

I got the other 1956 Rizzutp PSA 7... old label.

This is what I bought:

This is what I got:
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Looks like both of those case's may have issues. Both show white color on the seals.
  • I contacted "4champ" and he said that he must have switched the cards since he sold two 56 Rizzuto 7's within a day.

In an attempt to see who had "my card" (the one I thought I was getting), I put it into the PSA Registry, figuring that the guy who bought got "my" card had registered it. And of course it came back as registered.

What I thought was an honest mistake by 4champ, switching the cards, seems to be taking a different turn.

Question is, if you have had Card A the whole time and I thought that I was getting Card A and got Card B, then what is Card C that the other guy got thinking he bought Card B?

• << <i>Looks like both of those case's may have issues. Both show white color on the seals. >>

I'll have to take a better look when I get home. 4champ did offer to pay return shipping if I chose to take that route.

• white marks are just from the scan. this whole situation baffles me...

• bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    here's the update

seems the seller used other auctions as templates via the "sell on like it" function, he used mine and another person's auctions as templates and supposedly didn't replace the pictures from my auction template - that part sounds fishy to me because I don't remember the pictures carrying with auctions that way but maybe i'm misremembering image

regardless, i got a different card than i was supposed to get as I said and it wasn't as centered as what I thought I was getting

Turns out, looks like WILKIE got the card I was expecting - and I still own and have possession of the card Wilkie was expecting (which is why it's showing registered, it's in my inventory)

Anyway, I worked it out with the seller so we're square now - i expect to list what i got soon so if anyone is looking for a psa rizzuto please hit me up

Just a lesson for everyone - photos matter on auctions so don't screw it up! image