Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Turnaround Times Changed?

MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me, or have the estimated turnaround times changed? I thought the U.S. Economy target and avg was 30 days. They are both 20 days now. The difference between Economy and Regular is now only 5 days.

I'm currently sitting at 44 days (32 business days) and no grades.
www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    day 29 on my economy "secure" sub here image

did you go secure too?

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Yes, I did. Gotta love that free TrueView..

• Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Funny, I just replied to another post about long times. Rec. mine on 8-24 and 8-25 and no results yet. I have got 3 TV photos tho which is good.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>http://www.pcgs.com/statistics/

-Paul >>

Yes, that's what I'm referring to.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few months ago they were zippin them thru regs and even econ, but here lately they hit a brick wall
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Few months ago they were zippin them thru regs and even econ, but here lately they hit a brick wall >>

Last quarter's and this quarter's specials are possibly the most popular in years causing a serious uptick in business, maybe?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience is a virtue.
  • Options
    woogloutwooglout Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    I ask those with more experience with submissions if demanding show schedules can play a part, considering the Long Beach Expo just concluded? Also, in addition to the quarterly specials mentioned previously, there was a Labor Day weekend thrown in the mix.

I, myself, submitted via the Modern tier plus Secure and the submission was rec'd 9/3. I'm currently at 23 business days. I might be in for a 30+ business day wait with all those Secure TVs to be taken before grading methinks. They are certainly worth the wait though image

As I wait, however, perhaps I should not have opted for the Secure processing and gone instead with a la carte True Views. My thinking is that the turnaround estimates for World Economy and Moderns (which require Secure processing) stand at 29 and 39 days respectively. And my first submission this past March, I only had about a two week turnaround, with 5 of 8 coins imaged. Maybe it is more than semantics concerning Secure vs. True View?

• Options

<< <i>Maybe it is more than semantics concerning Secure vs. True View? >>

I think you may be right. There are certainly extra processes required for Secure and TrueViews.

• Options
    woogloutwooglout Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    Another piece of the puzzle which might alter our host's targets are the almost simultaneous releases of the Truman/Ike/JFK CC Sets and the HR Gold coin. I'm not even going to ponder the BULK component of this equation!

Either way, I'm still holding out hope for a sub-30 business day turnaround image
  • Options
    yayy my grades just came in...day #30
    received on 8-25...economy secure...12 for 12....100% success rate
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Congrats! And yours was received the day after mine you cutter! image

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yayy my grades just came in...day #30
    received on 8-25...economy secure...12 for 12....100% success rate >>

Good for you! I like a lot of the coins you submit! You show you have the gazpacho beans when you submit a few of them there toners image

I'm still waiting for mine, but they didn't get entered in until 9/23.....probably have a while to wait, but hoping they see them as I do.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>yayy my grades just came in...day #30
    received on 8-25...economy secure...12 for 12....100% success rate >>

Good for you! I like a lot of the coins you submit! You show you have the gazpacho beans when you submit a few of them there toners image

I'm still waiting for mine, but they didn't get entered in until 9/23.....probably have a while to wait, but hoping they see them as I do. >>

please post with some images as i'd love to see yours too

• Options
    ksuscottksuscott Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    My regular secure submission was received on 10/2 and shipped on 10/26

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file