Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Some submissions really make you wonder...

ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
What was the submitter hoping for here?

Why?

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    trueviews on those cert's to boot
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only guess that the owner was of the opinion that these were rare Mint Errors possibly?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YN free submittal at a show? Someone did it on a dare? Quality Control test? That one is a real disappointment
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who knows at this point.
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    strange, very strange.

and a waste of plastic
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he wanted to be the first guy on his block to have his pocket change in a slab.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to have all my change slabbed so I can't spend it, it will be the worst idea for a savings account ever.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What was the submitter hoping for here?

Why? >>

Validation of some type based upon the submitters inexperience and ignorance.

They'll probably end up on eBay as some obscurely and incorrectly described error coin being sold as "Genuine" because PCGS said so..........
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    That cent is quite a looker!
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Why is right. image
  • Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betcha the submitter thought they were Mint Errors...
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Perhaps David Hall submitted them to confirm the accuracy of the graders. Just kidding.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    As already stated, the owner thought, perhaps, these were mint errors. It happens quite more frequently than people realize. Perhaps this person is new to this end of the hobby, or the hobby as a whole, and is learning. This is cheap tuition to learn how to tell the difference between real and man-mad/fake/altered/etc.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    It helps to have a good relationship with a knowledgeable dealer. It helps prevent "oops" submissions, and potentially purchases, like those.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    the reverse of the cent does kinda look cameo...yes...no...?

sad thing is
    my sub entered on the same day and hasn't been graded yet
    but this has image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to guess the thought process on this one, might as some have suggested been trying for a mint error. Perhaps for a low ball set.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Dang, beat the poor guy up, we all start somewhere and that is not always with the ultimate knowledge.
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the mint error scenario.
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Or someone submitted it so it could become a topic of discussion on this forum.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a Batman picteal? No, I think it's a Mormon murderer blood penny! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long live Raul Ramos ll.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file