Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**UPDATE** A Love affair between 2 eBayers.....1793 + 1794

Isn't this sweet....on Aug 6, ebay member 'wholesalecoins99 (241)' sold his 1793 Wreath cent to ebay member 's***i (59)' aka 'smitus-icdwdre (59 )':

1793 Wreath PCGS XF damage PCGS#25206504

and yet again, on Aug 21, ebay member 'wholesalecoins99 (241)' sold his 1793 Wreath cent to ebay member 's***i (59)' aka 'smitus-icdwdre (59 )':

today, ebay member 'smitus-icdwdre (59)' is selling that same 1793 Wreath cent to ebay member 's***l (241)' aka 'wholesalecoins99(241)':

on July 19, ebay member 'wholesalecoins99 (241)' sold his 1794 Flowing cent to ebay member 's***i (59)' aka 'smitus-icdwdre (59 )':

1794 Flowing NGC XF corrosion NGC#2662244-005

and yet again, on Aug 6, ebay member 'wholesalecoins99 (241)' sold his 1794 Flowing cent to ebay member 's***i (59)' aka 'smitus-icdwdre (59 )':

today, ebay member 'smitus-icdwdre (59)' is selling that same 1794 Flowing cent to ebay member 's***l (241)' aka 'wholesalecoins99(241)':

SHILL bidding at its finest.

*** UPDATE ***
The seller/crook wholsalecoins99 and his co-conspirator smitus-icdwdre, have been NARU'd from eBay:
wholsalecoins99 NARU'd

smitus-icdwdre NARU'd

Comments

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    What a tool.
    Of course maybe s***I(59) kept returning it, and so they had to relist it.image

He's sure racking up eBay fees
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why can't eBay do anything about this?

Of course not, they get their fees.
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the big thing...$$$
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    If you have a zero insertion fee special and then cancle for cause there are no fees. This being the case these listings most likely did not cost the seller anything.
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Ebay refunds the selling fees on returns. So no fees.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And,
    This seller used the same schill bidder to push this auction. 400952777969 past $5,000.

Dirty dirty dirty.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh, Love! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing what can be seen on ebay with a bit of data analysis...... long ago gave up on this venue.... Yes, I know, sometimes some treasures are found.... but for me, just not worth the hassle. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Amazing what can be seen on ebay with a bit of data analysis...... long ago gave up on this venue.... Yes, I know, sometimes some treasures are found.... but for me, just not worth the hassle. Cheers, RickO >>

+1

Tom

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep looking you will find a lot more.
    Wish I had one. image

• Options
    The thing is, that shill bidding is against Ebay rules but it's practically impossible for anyone to find a place on Ebay to register a complaint. Ultimately, Ebay benefits from shill bidding because a higher price realized with a legitimate seller means a higher Ebay fee. The bottom line as a buyer is to only bid what you're willing to bid and have the composure not to raise your bid above your limit.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go to the "contact" at the top of the ebay pages and then click on help it brings
    up a box....put in "shill" .....then it tells you that shilling is against the rules and offers
    you a "contact us" option. Just did that and got through with NO wait time..got a
    knowledgeable person that understood what I was telling him and just ran through
    the ebay item numbers off the above info.
    Let's see if it helps....

No waiting time,,,,unbelievable!!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This particular seller with his shill bidding is right out in the open about it.
    And it continues unabated with ebay offering no practical enforcement.

Shill bidding is a felony.

After the Taubman incident with Sothebys and his subsequent jail time incurred you might think that a sharp Ebay CEO would value the need for corporate responsibility. Apparently not.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Incredible detective work their Arizona! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    *****UPDATE*****

This is priceless. The ebay shiller, wholesalecoins99(241)= aka s***l(241), just cancelled his shill bid on his Wreath cent:

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
    Member Id: s***l( 241) Retracted: US $2,428.00
    Bid: Oct-01-15 12:02:40 PDT
    Retracted: Oct-06-15 12:34:31 PDT
    1793 Wreath cent bid retraction by wholsalecoins99

wholesalecoins99(241)= aka s***l(241), just cancelled his shill bid on his 1794 Flowing cent:

Member Id: s***l( 241) Retracted: US $311.00
    Bid: Oct-01-15 12:02:06 PDT
    Retracted: Oct-06-15 12:34:02 PDT
    1794 Flowing cent bid retraction by wholesalecoins99

Somebody must have told wholesalecoins99 that we're on to him. lol
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect my phone call to ebay had some teeth in it. I bet they are the ones to contact
    them...

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job, Az rare coins, and Bob!
  • Options

<< <i>I suspect my phone call to ebay had some teeth in it. I bet they are the ones to contact
    them...

bobimage >>

If Ebay is indeed involved and Ebay follows their own rules, then both accounts would be suspended. Shill bidding is one of those big "thou shalt not break" rules.
  • Options
    Amazingly, s***i(242) aka wholesalecoins99(242), after being caught shilling on this 1793 Wreath cent and retracted his shill bid:

Member Id: s***l( 242) Retracted: US $2,428.00
    Bid: Oct-01-15 12:02:40 PDT
    Retracted: Oct-06-15 12:34:31 PDT
    retracted shill bid by wholesalecoins99(242) aka s***i(242)

He has again just shilled 5 times today. He really doesn't care about shilling and being caught. AMAZING

Amazingly, s***i(242) aka wholesalecoins99(242), after being caught shilling on this 1794 Flowing cent and retracted his shill bid:

Member Id: s***l( 242) Retracted: US $311.00
    Bid: Oct-01-15 12:02:06 PDT
    Retracted: Oct-06-15 12:34:02 PDT
    retracted shill bid by wholesalecoins99(242) aka s***i(242)

He has again just shilled 11 times today. He really doesn't care about shilling and being caught. AMAZING

Seriously, does Ebay not realize this is the worst case of SHILLING ever
  • Options
    +++ UPDATE +++

wholsalecoins99 and his "shiller" 'smitus-icdwdre (75) aka s***i(75) Are up to their old tricks again:

1. 1793 chain cent shill:
    1793 chain cent SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)

2. 1793 half cent shill:
    1793 half cent SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)

3. 1856-s $3 Gold shill:
    1856-s $3 gold SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)

4. 1859 indian cent shill:
    1850 cent SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ArizonaRareCoins

+++ UPDATE +++

wholsalecoins99 and his "shiller" 'smitus-icdwdre (75) aka s***i(75) Are up to their old tricks again:

1. 1793 chain cent shill:

1793 chain cent SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)

2. 1793 half cent shill:

1793 half cent SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)

3. 1856-s $3 Gold shill:

1856-s $3 gold SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)

4. 1859 indian cent shill:

1850 cent SHILLED by s***i(75) aka smitus-icdwdre(75)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    edited April 25, 2018 8:05PM
    Do you agree that blitzdude is a great guy?
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is eBay just as guilty of a felony here (if shill bidding is a felony) since they know about this case from Bob, refuse to stop it and quite frankly enable it? It is against eBay rules but eBay does nothing about it when they know it is happening and enables it to continue. They would be an accomplice to shill bidding in this case, would they not? Something like this could be a big news story with enough data compiled. Sure would be an interesting story to hit news outlets this time of year. eBay is enabling everyone to be ripped off, or so it seems.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    worst case of shilling ever? Now I think you are getting ahead of yourself.

What about your friend neyronix- or the infamous potted plant?
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    *** UPDATE ***

The seller/crook wholsalecoins99 and his co-conspirator smitus-icdwdre, have been NARU'd from eBay:

wholesalecoins99 NARU'd

smitus-icdwdre NARU'd
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job.

Now if we can only get sellers to properly describe their coins. It is a bit deceiving to list a Pattern 1858 FE cent as a Proof regular issue.

Link
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: EagleEye

Great job.

Now if we can only get sellers to properly describe their coins. It is a bit deceiving to list a Pattern 1858 FE cent as a Proof regular issue.

Link

That was subtle
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all been very entertaining.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job.

Link

Interesting. What is the price implication, given the (relatively) small number of patterns made?

One would think that a coin dealer would appreciate the difference (versus, say, some guy
    auctioning off his grandad's collection) - or at least highlight the difference.

OTOH, anyone dropping 3 kilobucks+ on a graded FE cent would probably not need to be told...
  • Options

Great job.

Link

Very proper.

• Options
    Great job.

Link

Perhaps you should learn about coins before making yourself look stupid again in the future.....The term "(J-192) " in my description refers to the Judd listing. Learn about these things and this wont happen to you again in the future. SCHOOLED
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Only 87 more posts to 100.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job.

Link

Perhaps you should learn about coins before making yourself look stupid again in the future.....The term "(J-192) " in my description refers to the Judd listing. Learn about these things and this wont happen to you again in the future. SCHOOLED

Is that statement directed towards Rick?
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gonzer

Great job.

Link

Is that statement directed towards Rick?

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware eBay changed their strict policy forbidding the listing of a phone number within the auction description. It was so potential bidders wouldn't contact the seller directly and work out 'outside' arrangements.

Good to see eBay is totally lightening up on their policies to protect themselves against fee avoidance and allowing sellers to now do what was against procedure before.

peacockcoins

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony here is you will probably be next to be NARU'd. Several policy violations in your listings. Why the personal vendetta against this eBay seller when you don't follow the rules yourself??
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job.

Link

I hope you're trolling.

And if you aren't, let's get into semantics. All Judd's are patterns, but not all patterns are Judd's. Rick called it a pattern and it is. The eBay description lacks either term. Maybe you should hop into Rick's backpack and he'll take you to school for sure.
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    "The eBay description lacks either term"

re-read the description and COMPREHEND:

1858 FLYING EAGLE CENT (J-192)
  • Options
    Originally posted by: braddick
    I wasn't aware eBay changed their strict policy forbidding the listing of a phone number within the auction description. It was so potential bidders wouldn't contact the seller directly and work out 'outside' arrangements.

Good to see eBay is totally lightening up on their policies to protect themselves against fee avoidance and allowing sellers to now do what was against procedure before.

see description
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jclovescoins
    The irony here is you will probably be next to be NARU'd. Several policy violations in your listings. Why the personal vendetta against this eBay seller when you don't follow the rules yourself??

Don't have any personal vendetta. I follow ebay rules as everyone must.
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon, I meant "title".
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mach1ne
    Great job.

Link

I hope you're trolling.

And if you aren't, let's get into semantics. All Judd's are patterns, but not all patterns are Judd's. Rick called it a pattern and it is. The eBay description lacks either term. Maybe you should hop into Rick's backpack and he'll take you to school for sure.

The Judd (J-192) is on the NGC holder as pictured in the listing and in bold green letters in the first line of the coins description. Perhaps you need to contact NGC and complain to them as to why the holder doesn't say "PATTERN" I described this coin exactly as NGC did.....learn to COMPREHEND
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mach1ne
    Pardon, I meant "title".

So you want me to put j-192 in the title....done.....so now it's in the title, description and the main picture of the holder........anywhere else you want me to state it?

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think "Arizona Rare Coins" was unfairly accused in this instance. The images and description clearly stated the Judd number of the coin in question.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Hydrant
    It all seemed so simple and straightforward in the beginning.

You mean this thread or life in general.....lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file