Home U.S. Coin Forum

Collectors.com

Want to see every coin listed in the U.S. in seconds? Filter by grading service - or none, by price, condition, seller, .......

You can search over 1 million coins listed on Collectors.com right now!

Sign in using your PCGS, PSA, FB or Google credentials and save your searches and more.

BTW - this is continuously updated 24/7.

Interested in Cards, Currency, Stamps or Autographs? Go to Collectors.com where you will find over 9 million listings!

Comments

• mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Awesome !!!

Did 4 searches... Works great
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Good job!
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Really, really well done! I'm impressed!
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the IHC, and can't believe how many cleaned coins were listed!
    On the other hand there were some very nice coins.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot better than the shop function for the registry. I don't limit my purchases to PCGS, even though they may eventually go that way. image

Edit: spelling
  • cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    Worked well! I finally found a 1929 S Merc less than 4 figures, though I did have to pay 2X GS Bid for it.
    Oh well, last one I needed for a customer.
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is very impressive! Well done!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭
    This is VERY impressive! Great job! Thank you!

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Nice option. Thanks !!
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool... I found items on 2 smaller dealers sites I've not visited in years image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    found another '29S, had to buy it as well !
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
    Just found a dealer site with nice stuff totally unknown to me... Now that's a great search engine! image
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the site. Only problem I found is that with the great enlarging feature, very few of
    the photos are of quality that allow its use. If the sellers would use higher quality photos
    it would be fantastic for the buyer's use.
    Thanks to all making this possible.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    As others have said. This is awesome.
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Great site. Thank you!
  • nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really GREAT site.
    Pulls it together very well!
    I could go on quite the shopping spree if I wasn't careful

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• JebJeb Posts: 122
    It's really no different then going to the coins category in eBay. The old site I could just look at the coins that are upgrades. Not hundreds that are the same or lower grade. I can see that this has potential, but I don't see myself wading through all the listing or searching for every year and mint mark to see what choices I have in upgrading. That is just too time consuming. I don't see myself using this tool much.
    Jeb
  • TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    I like it a lot. There is one thing I'd like to see improved (if possible). When sorting auctions/sales from lowest to highest price, it would be helpful if you included the shipping cost and buyer's premium if either is applicable. Of if you can't include those in the sort price, perhaps you could include that information with the search results.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally awesome!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a www.collectors.com from the 1990s.... good times! Anyone else remember it??
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's really no different then going to the coins category in eBay. The old site I could just look at the coins that are upgrades. Not hundreds that are the same or lower grade. I can see that this has potential, but I don't see myself wading through all the listing or searching for every year and mint mark to see what choices I have in upgrading. That is just too time consuming. I don't see myself using this tool much.
    Jeb >>

You should try the search engine. It works quite well. Just type in the date and grade you are looking for.
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Nice aggregator, but the algorithms need work.

When I browse or search for half cents specifically within the half cent categories, the results are flooded with large cent listings. Not useful.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, the thread is a success; several praises and one negative comment (so far).

Count me as a +1
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's pretty good.
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Works great but I don't have enough time too look at that many coins.
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it works great! thanks.
    Putting in date and grade search would be the same as eBay. The old site you could pick which registry set you wanted to compare available coins for and you would get a list across all dates and mint marks including varieties, now I have to do each coin in a separate search. No improvement for me.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Jeb, the set match function is still there - just go to to PCGS.com > My Set Registry > My Sets, click on any of your sets, and click "Shop this Set" or any of the "Shop" links next to your items to look for upgrades.

Or if you'd prefer to shop for a set you haven't started yet, just got to any set page in the set registry (like this one) and click the "Shop" link near the top.
    Thank you for information. It was getting tedious trying to search by each year/mm.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are taking too much of the "fun of the hunt" out of coin collecting. Make it too easy and the hunt will no longer be fun. Guess what happens then.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be interesting to see for any set type, the max registry score and rank you can get from currently available coins, either for an existing set or a new set. There could be a report of available coins with price and registry points. You could also show cost of acquisition($), $/coin, and $/point. This way people can get a better feel for set opportunities.
  • EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this feature - makes me want to get the best coin possible that I desire.
    Easton Collection
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    You guys are taking too much of the "fun of the hunt" out of coin collecting. Make it too easy and the hunt will no longer be fun. Guess what happens then.

You have yet to experience the thrill of finding something that you would have completely missed otherwise. I just responded to a PM telling me that the sender found a coin in an upcoming Heritage sale that he missed looking through the auction catalogue. He was thrilled.

I guarantee you that Collectors.com is going to allow you to find items listed by dealers you never heard of and would never have seen.

Will it be placed on the Quick Links on the top right forum main page?

• coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guarantee you that Collectors.com is going to allow you to find items listed by dealers you never heard of and would never have seen. >>

Can search algorithm problems like the one I pointed out above be fixed?
  • zas107zas107 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
    One suggestion I might make it to make the ability to do an all inclusive search, but exclude certain "sellers" such as ebay, amazon etc (tick boxes to exclude instead of include). I would really like it if there was a way to only show results straight from dealers websites without the arduous task of clicking each box.
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    How about a box to click to see only CAC coins?
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys are taking too much of the "fun of the hunt" out of coin collecting. Make it too easy and the hunt will no longer be fun. Guess what happens then. >>

You have yet to experience the thrill of finding something that you would have completely missed otherwise. I just responded to a PM telling me that the sender found a coin in an upcoming Heritage sale that he missed looking through the auction catalogue. He was thrilled.

I guarantee you that Collectors.com is going to allow you to find items listed by dealers you never heard of and would never have seen. >>

That's an awesome story Don. It's always a big disappointment to miss a sale. I don't mind bidding and losing but to just miss an item by not realizing it is available can be very disappointing.

<< <i>How about a box to click to see only CAC coins? >>

How about a checkbox for only '+' grades?
    Is there a way to find items that don't have a word. For example the bay allows you to eliminate words with a '-' sign in front.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for a 1853 25C and there were several duplicates (same cert numbers)...all from the same auction house (HA.com).

I tried using the "- (details, cleaned)", that filter does not work.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a positive step in the direction of making coin rarity/availability more transparent.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic!! Thanks!!!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    If I search "macge" I get nada... curious

edit:

If I search "CAC" I get oodles of results... very curious indeed
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, but Standing Liberty quarters seem to be missing from the dropdown under Quarters.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    I like it, but Standing Liberty quarters seem to be missing from the dropdown under Quarters.

It's right there! Over 11k standing liberty quarters listed. Are you looking at the column on the left?

Here it is

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file