Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wow! Economy order in/out in 8 total days (not business days) -- UPDATED 6/30 with grades.

mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
I hit the jackpot in terms of value, plus all 3 coins graded, and each one got upgraded by 1 point (submitted raw).

For your viewing pleasure (spent some time re-imaging the coins today)...and you can guess the grade if you want, I'll post grades later image

1 came from PCGS holder, one came from NGC holder, and one came from ICG holder...

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    an ode to original skin these are...image
    i really dig the 26' peace

turnaround time....amazing
    one has to wonder if volume is down to the point...
    graders are sleeping on cots in the corner until a cart is pushed in the room
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options

<< <i>i really dig the 26' peace >>

There is an "S" hiding over there by the tail tip image

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going MS65 across the board. That 26-S looks Sweet but hard to get a 65, not to mention higher than that. Also, by simple deduction, you most likely would not have sent an MS65 26-S in under economy, so I am guessing a 64 went up to 65 on that baby.

• Options
    machoponchomachoponcho Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coins! PCGS has also been fast for my orders, though I can't beat your Economy in 8 calendar days.
    I have existed since the creation of this world and will exist until its end. Only my form will change. For these 80 human life years, I have the benefit of having a functioning body and consciousness. I will not waste this opportunity.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    6 day economy was my last submission here in which i too was very happy with grades awarded
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My about-to-be-received order (all Morgans) took 22 days, but a few of them are VAMs and that probably slowed things down.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been pleasantly surprised with the speed of orders lately (last few months). The only order that took anywhere near the target time was one that included a Morgan dollar with attribution service.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>an ode to original skin these are...image
    i really dig the 26' peace

turnaround time....amazing
    one has to wonder if volume is down to the point...
    graders are sleeping on cots in the corner until a cart is pushed in the room
    image >>

As fast as things are, it is looking like a record quarter for number of coin submissions.
  • Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    Congrats... It appears luck helped you out in several ways.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the upgrades.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are 3 nice looking dollars.

I like the 1923 the best.

I am anxious too see the grades.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Grades revealed in original post. Here are some comments...

- Love the super fast turnaround, makes me want to submit more coins (beats waiting 4-6 weeks).
    - 85 Morgan was NGC 62, 23 Peace was PCGS 63, 26-S Peace was ICG 62

While I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth (all 3 toned dollars graded, and upgraded by 1 point, a feat on to itself)...I have no idea why the 23 didn't 65 and 26-S didn't at least 64. But maybe that's the downside of economy service...less experienced graders? The 85 Morgan has several (and some large) carbon spots on the back so I can't imagine it grading more than a 63, but that's an "obverse only" kind of coin, very ugly/pretty in hand (depending on where you sit on the toner spectrum).

So all in all...other than the 26-S, which becomes very expense in a 65 holder I'll just keep these as is. No need to spend extra money on grading fees, just happy they're inside a PCGS holder (and toned, always a 50/50 crap shoot for Quest Color). BTW, the 26-S is an amazing coin in hand and looks every bit 65 (just not very struck up like some of the more common dates).

Thanks for taking an interest...no disappointment on my part regarding the grades image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice going - good eye also.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, congratulations !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like the overall number of submissions is decreasing
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds to me like the overall number of submissions is decreasing >>

or did they streamline operations? The June quarter will be a record for revenue and submissions
  • Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

or did they streamline operations? The June quarter will be a record for revenue and submissions >>

This.

PCGS publishes grading stats on their website. Very informative.

PCGS grading statistics
    Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

or did they streamline operations? The June quarter will be a record for revenue and submissions >>

This.

PCGS publishes grading stats on their website. Very informative.

PCGS grading statistics >>

Yes. I am well aware. I track the numbers daily and have for years. Keep in mind, they were trying to get coins out the door as yesterday was quarter end and they were trying to meet numbers. The 30 day coin cert rate is at a 1 year+ high of over 247K coins.

I have recently opened up a position in CLCT. It yields 7% at the current stock price. The just completed June quarter will be a record; record number of coins, cards, and revenues. The stock if off about 30% from the year high.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file