Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

March Of Dimes set.. PCGS,NGC 69s ,lower PCGS 70s $335 - $406

bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
US Mint Dime set debuts on May 4th .... Philadelphia Reverse Proof dime and a West Point proof dime included in set .. with only 75,000 mintage..the Silver Dollar in the set has a total mintage of 500,000

The 1996 dime goes for around $10-13.. with a mintage of 1.5 million..

Verify your credit card info for the Mint site.....

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One reverse proof dime....is that the first RP dime?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>One reverse proof dime....is that the first RP dime?

bobimage >>

yes it is ... 1st RP dime, to join several reverse proof coins since 2006
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    When they reissue the Silver 3 Cent and then do that in Reverse Proof, I might bite. But a Roosevelt Dime?
    No thanks!
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Yes give me one.
  • Options
    I'm in, I'm a sucker for the reverse proofs.
  • Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭
    In for 5
  • Options

<< <i>In for 5 >>

Funny ..Mint should have introduced the set at Central States coin show .
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw them in Portland. Not a big fan of dimes and the reverse proof is the worst looking thing I have ever seen. I cannot believe people like the looks of them.

May pick one of up for the novelty of it.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there's already a decent premium being offered for them over on the BST.

I'm sure the reverse proof will be the most popular, but the W-mint proof dime is pretty neat too.

• Options

<< <i>Looks like there's already a decent premium being offered for them over on the BST.

I'm sure the reverse proof will be the most popular, but the W-mint proof dime is pretty neat too. >>

Set premiums will build higher....only 75,000 mintage...... 5 per order/or household ... I have heard excellent early offers
    A 1st strike PCGS 70 will be priceless.....

Other history ... 2006 reverse American Silver Eagle 1st strike Prf 70 top price was $5,800.. mintage 250,000
    2011 reverse American Eagle Prf 70.. was circa $1,000 ....mintage 100,000
    2015 reverse Proof Roosevelt Dime ....,,,,,, mintage 75,000..... price top ?

Ebay presale is... $80 - $ 100.00 per set

• Options
    Will they be doing the thin and thick edge reeding also? image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I would even consider is if they are added to the Registry sets........then only after market.

I really hope they are NOT put into the Registry sets! I really wish they would remove the 1964 SMS!!
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will not back up the truck but will buy 10 or 20.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    want my usual one set.

hope there is a 3 coin label

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Will not back up the truck but will buy 10 or 20. >>

Since Ebay has the presale numbers running .. coin club was offered 20 sets ,1st strike.. @125.00 per set... much higher premiums than for 2011 or 2006 Silver , Gold Anniv sets this early....... flippers heaven around corner
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is for one dollar and two dimes,,,,,

I was thinking there was going to be a set with three dimes only?

Am I mistaken on this?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>This set is for one dollar and two dimes,,,,,

I was thinking there was going to be a set with three dimes only?

Am I mistaken on this?

GrandAm image >>

Two dimes and the Roosevelt Silver dollar .....that is sale set up for May 4th.. looks like $100.00 is the going rate now per set on Ebay presale

A Reverse Proof Dime and a Proof Dime, from the West Point Mint are the 2 dimes
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The U.S. Mint, PCGS, Ebay and PayPal are gonna make lots of money.......image
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The only thing I would even consider is if they are added to the Registry sets........then only after market.

I really hope they are NOT put into the Registry sets! I really wish they would remove the 1964 SMS!! >>

Didn't realize the '64 SMS is in the registry set. That is a pretty low bar for inclusion and I've got to imagine that these will be included in the registry.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect both dimes to be included in all of the Proof Roosevelt Dime registry sets... not sure how/why anyone would argue they shouldn't be included but with the set registry I've learned that there is almost never 100% agreement on these things.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be gunning for 5. Little downside in my opinion...

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    How fast is the Mint now processing orders per hour ? That is those sets coming out for 1st day ordering
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    In. WTH. See what happens, could be big, could be a snoozer, yet an official limited mintage @ 75000, I'll pull the trigger. Why not.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sensing another mint Internet shutdown in the near future...May 4th approx. 1201 EST.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for the flippers of this material, do they go to the website prior to noon, refresh the page a million times until noon at which point it is available to buy, deal with the website crashing or some type of waiting room, struggle for an hour or so and hopefully buy their five for their house, 5 for their office, 5 for the PO Box, 5 for the spouse, 5 for their sibling, 5 for a friend etc? Then they ship their US Mint boxes to PCGS, wait for the results and then post the stuff on eBay or their favorite auction site? Is that how it all works?

What is the US Mint url for this product that people will refresh or is it just the current product listing page?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>So for the flippers of this material, do they go to the website prior to noon, refresh the page a million times until noon at which point it is available to buy, deal with the website crashing or some type of waiting room, struggle for an hour or so and hopefully buy their five for their house, 5 for their office, 5 for the PO Box, 5 for the spouse, 5 for their sibling, 5 for a friend etc? Then they ship their US Mint boxes to PCGS, wait for the results and then post the stuff on eBay or their favorite auction site? Is that how it all works?' >>

Yep, you knocked that one out of the park.
  • Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>US Mint Dime set debuts on May 4th .... Philadelphia Reverse Proof dime and a West Point proof dime included in set .. with only 75,000 mintage..the Silver Dollar in the set has a total mintage of 500,000

The 1996 dime goes for around $10-13.. with a mintage of 1.5 million.. >>

I like this analysis, but I wonder if the real question is if there are 75,000 Roosevelt collectors. I enjoy these dimes myself, but that number seems high.

I looked up the 96-W dime and see that it was sold as part of a Mint Set, which possibly had far broader appeal than this particular combination of two dimes and a commemorative of questionable popularity.

I suppose the other consideration to weigh is how many RP collectors are out there. Do we really like reverse proofs?
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are the:
    Roosevelt Everything Collectors
    Roosevelt Dime Collectors
    Reverse Proof Collectors
    Annual Mint/Proof Set Collectors
    The opportunist hoping to just score on something big
    The collectors of anything with a lower mintage number
    The Normal Flippers that make it slightly harder for the true collectors
    and then the collectors of allthemoderncrap that the US Mint is pumping out these days.

Did I miss anyone? image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, since this set appears flipable, we shall see some new forum members who will be asking questions about flipping, old forum members who show up in the threads to trash on new products and flippers, and other forum members who ONLY show up when there is something to flip...and they have their moms, dads, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc all get them the product. They will hasten to the threads, tell everyone how great it is and that they have lots of the product, then they will sit on the BST (and ebay) and offer them for sale...and try to undercut everyone else because they bought so many and they have to pay everyone off.

Gotta love those groups....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>US Mint Dime set debuts on May 4th .... Philadelphia Reverse Proof dime and a West Point proof dime included in set .. with only 75,000 mintage..the Silver Dollar in the set has a total mintage of 500,000

The 1996 dime goes for around $10-13.. with a mintage of 1.5 million.. >>

I like this analysis, but I wonder if the real question is if there are 75,000 Roosevelt collectors. I enjoy these dimes myself, but that number seems high.

I looked up the 96-W dime and see that it was sold as part of a Mint Set, which possibly had far broader appeal than this particular combination of two dimes and a commemorative of questionable popularity.

I suppose the other consideration to weigh is how many RP collectors are out there. Do we really like reverse proofs? >>

Best to look from this perspective.. this is the 1st RP dime , this alone will give the set a boost ,then there is the 1st West Point Proof dime, and to back up the set..... a Roosevelt Silver Dollar which on the bay is going for $60 in 69 ..... or a 70....$80-100

Remember the 1st Silver Eagle 2006 Reverse Proof ....a forum member here sold the 1st , PCGS 1st strike 70 for $5,800.00.. so strange things can happen.
    Whatever... it will be fun
  • Options
    The real question should be - how will these Dimes stack up in 20 years against all the other baubles the Mint has put out?

Short term, how many can order before the 1 PM Out Of Stock? And how many can get slabbed 70 specimens on the bay
    before the crash?
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flippers will order to the max and it will sell out quickly. Then they will be stuck trying to
    sell to the few who really want to buy the set and did not get one from the mint at issue price.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In for 5 sets. This one has potential to be a winner, imo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Presales on Ebay still at $ 100.00....
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 75k number represents the number of each dime version struck? Or 75K sets?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    75k sets
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 75k number represents the number of each dime version struck? Or 75K sets? >>

I believe it's 75K sets.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will order one set..... companion to my '96 W dime... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    The set will be a winner...you can take that to the bank...
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I'm going to try and get 5 to flip or have graded then flip depending on how much money I have at the time. Maybe hit the lottery with a 70.
    GMan
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I'm going to try and get 5 to flip or have graded then flip depending on how much money I have at the time. Maybe hit the lottery with a 70.
    GMan
  • Options
    ChiSaoChiSao Posts: 134
    Decision I'm struggling with is - is it worth sending the dollar in to be graded too?
    Or better to simply send in the dimes?

what say you?

Alex
  • Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭
    The dollar should be good since it will be a limited mintage (75K) and would have a special March of Dimes Label.

In that case I would think the sets would have to be submitted in the sealed gov boxes so that the dollars are not considered to be the regular issue coins.
  • Options

<< <i>The dollar should be good since it will be a limited mintage (75K) and would have a special March of Dimes Label.

In that case I would think the sets would have to be submitted in the sealed gov boxes so that the dollars are not considered to be the regular issue coins. >>

On the money.... the Roosevelt dollar with the Roosevelt set pedigree, should get a premium to other 2015 Roosevelt dollars
    Look at the 2012 Silver Eagle Proof, from the 2012 Coin and Currency set ,....There were 50,000 C&C sets with the Proof Eagle ....
    A PCGS 70 Silver Proof from the C&C set , goes from $150 -200 while a regular Silver Eagle Proof 70 goes for $75- 90
  • Options

<< <i>Decision I'm struggling with is - is it worth sending the dollar in to be graded too?
    Or better to simply send in the dimes?

what say you? >>

it depends if there is a "set" label on these.

If pcgs offers a set label, then they'll likely want them all in a mint sealed box

may as well have all 3 graded if that is the case to keep the set together.

Otherwise, if they do not offer a set label, you can buy the $1 comm 70 on the bay.

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I also think it will sell out. Only weeks later, after the household limits are removed.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    This set is a key in the making even if it not a popular series. It will probably be sold out in a few hours or maybe not.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file