Home U.S. Coin Forum

Unboxing - 90% Silver

My dad ordered some 90% silver from Amagi Metals and it arrived today. Here is my unboxing video.

Unboxing Video - 90% Silver

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun to watch.....

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised there wasn't a few slick SLQ in there.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    thanks for sharing kenny!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Cool...keep up the good work kiddo image
  • nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video!
    Looks like fun and some pretty nice quarters in there.
    Working on a Dansco is a fun project with those, though I suspect you've already put that into consideration..
    Thanks for sharing!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video and great to see such real enthusiasm in a young numismatist. It will be up to you and your peers to keep our hobby vibrant !
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video.... thanks... Cheers, RickO
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭
    well done , cool video.
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
  • JBNJBN Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the video.

That 1935 is in better condition than is typical. You also had some 40s issues that were in VF+.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see someone have fun with coins
  • Love searching for Treasure, Thanks for Sharing...
    My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    You should go to the bank and get some half dollar rolls and see if you can find silver! image
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Nice to see someone have fun with coins >>

I agree, you are the future of our hobby!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your unboxing experience with us. -- It's always fun to open up a new box with unknown coin contents!! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    Boy, how the hobby has changed over the years, but the rich memories come flooding back in watching the young man search thru his silver!

I remember the same level of excitement when I was 8 or 9, and spent hours laying on the floor of my grandparents' house, searching thru their loose change to fill blue Whitman penny and nickel folders. I remember looking forward to our long walks to "Smelter's Row" in Philly, where I could literally spend HOURS searching thru coffee cans loaded to the brim with silver coins of all types, looking for specific dates/mintmarks to fill holes in my Whitman folders....

Back then, 4x face for silver at the smelters was EXPENSIVE for me on next to no allowance, but I almost completed my Merc, Roosie, and Washies folders that way! I wasn't smart enough back then to go after earlier series like Walkers/Barbers/SLQ's, or halves/dollars. I sure wish I had!!

Later on, I'd search thru bank rolls and the register drawers at the retailers I worked for, and come up with a few IHC's and silver dimes/quarters/halves, but for the most part, by then, the glory days of silver in change had passed, as clad was king!

If I'd only known back then! I didn't even save any silver dollars that may have still been around on our cross-country trip that included Vegas and the "Silver Dollar" and "Million Dollar" Bars in Jackson Hole, Wyoming..... image

The excitement returned somewhat when the Internet & eBay hit the scene, and I expanded my interests and trading partners as well. But I haven't since had the pure excitement of the search like I did back as a kid, unfortunately. I can't remember the last time I actually filled an old hole vs just keeping up with current releases - - and it's just not the same!

These days, I'm pretty sure the companies offering such scrap metal look thru them quickly first for key dates. So I figure that, after a while, it becomes an expensive hobby at 10, 12, 16, etc times face to look for just a few dates that might pop up. And that saddens me.
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool image Thanx Kenny, I enjoyed that

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice video. i love silver too and it's always fun looking through to see what's there. keep hunting!
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    What a cool little young hepcat!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • I find it fascinating that the quarters in the rolls were all facing the same way. Did the roller do a quick search through them?
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my fingers crossed you find a real good one in there, Maybe next time. Great fun watching

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file