Home U.S. Coin Forum

How can I get TrueView images for CAC coins?

I've got some PCGS graded coins that have the CAC sticker. I'd like to get TrueView images for these, but I don't want to lose the CAC sticker. Is there a way I can keep the sticker and still get TrueView images?

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get the TV you'd get them reholdered.

The cert number stays the same

There is a fee to re sticker the new holder.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get excellent images using one of the many talented photographers here, without the expense and risk of submitting the coin to PCGS. And without losing the CAC sticker.

There is no reason the image quality can't be as good or better than a True View.
    Lance.
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the above.

Several forum members here are well recognized for their coin photography and would be a smart (and less costly) alternative to reholdering for a TV and then restickering.
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind saying it: use Lance (see post 3). True View can be hit or miss. For instance, your heart might miss a beat because of the crack at 4 o'clock, so you send it to TV and the image is nice but the crack doesn't show.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get in-holder TrueViews. I believe this was first ordered by and received by WingedLiberty57. Ask him or PCGS how to get this done.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    They will also image the coin inside the holder on request.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't mind saying it: use Lance (see post 3). True View can be hit or miss. For instance, your heart might miss a beat because of the crack at 4 o'clock, so you send it to TV and the image is nice but the crack doesn't show. >>

They should send you previews.
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To summarize:

1) Send in your coins for re-holdering and TrueViews. Make sure you take a photo of stickered slab first so the sticker people will reapply the sticker when you send it back to them. This option requires lots of time, expense, and shipping.
    2) Ask for TrueViews in the holder. They'll do these, and they usually look pretty darn nice.
    3) Have someone else photograph the coin in the holder. The guys at PCGS do a phenomenal job, but others do too.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You can get excellent images using one of the many talented photographers here, without the expense and risk of submitting the coin to PCGS. And without losing the CAC sticker.

There is no reason the image quality can't be as good or better than a True View.
    Lance. >>

I agree with Lance. You can get images from several folks here on this forum with great quality, no problem.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MUCH safer to get in the holder photograph by PCGS or by some of our fellow board members as why take a chance in an accidental mishandling of the coin?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen some pretty talented "imageologists" here on the forum who could probably turn them a lot faster too...no disrespect to Phil.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • ksuscottksuscott Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the information!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file