Home U.S. Coin Forum

US Marshal Gold First Stike & Marshal USMS labels PCGS 69's selling way below issue price

The nice people on eBay don't have much interest in these and are going for about 75% of the issue price (that's if you buy the special labels as well)

Even the flippers don't have any interest. Be careful listing yours unless you want to give them away.

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they First Strike????

The pops are still mighty low out there.

Pops as of March 27..................I'm in hold mode with my PR69DCAM.....these coins will eventually be sought after IMHO.

• TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, First Strike and USMS labels.

From the population reports, maybe there aren't that many people on eBay left to support a few hundred coins?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed a softness in general in pcgs fresh from the mint moderns, even in 70s.

There are fewer people getting these graded

It's the thing with limited issues from pcgs. It doesn't encourage sales, it inhibits sales. If you put a set out of reach, they aren't collected and interest wanes.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many labels and special limited editions way overpriced are taking its toll on the Modern issue market.
    Interest and demand are falling rapidly. The falling PM prices are not helping either.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few people say they want the moderns in OGP as of late. Most of my stuff is holdered and they ask if I still have the Original Packing.

• joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive heard people are staying away from pcgs moderns as their coins are spotting...
    I know it has been happening to mine
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    The Mint has become a crapola factory lately and they have become too much like the old Franklin Mint
    with a steady stream of junk.

Has the secondary market become wise? Do they see through the lipstick so many flippers are dressing up their
    pigs with?

...... hey that aint nothin but a silly pig wid lipstick on its face. image
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this the one that resembles a badge?

there was one that resembled a baseball on one side and a mitt on the other, now that was novel.

what else can we make a coin resemble? how about one that commemorates the invention of the washer and has a hole in the middle? Or one like a button with 4 holes?

What about one that commemorates the invention of the gear and has a toothed edge? or how about the bearing, and it has actual moving ball bearings or rotating ring bearings inside the coin?

what about a coin shaped like a frying pan and there's a little handle on it? could it have "cross-over" interest with housewives?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I made about 10 bucks profit on mine.

A customer of mine sent in a 3 pc set for grading to pcgs. I had purchased one of the UNC $5.00 gold and just tossed it in for the special label along with his submission. Got back a 70 and was happy till I went to sell it. Saw where they had recently sold for 500-503, put mine at 499, no intrest, lowered it to 489.00 No intrest, tried it again at 479.00, no intrest, started it low and it ended up at 467.00.

If I would have had money in the submission cost I would have lost, with ebay fees and mint cost of the coin.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a baseball either.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm happy with mine.
    MS 70 USMS Label First Strike LB !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eBay win on 3/15/15 for $49.67.
    imageimage
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the grade?
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What was the grade? >>

--------------------------------

Looks MS69 to me imageimageimage

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)