Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quarterly Special Question

The quarterly special offers 5 TrueView images for free. No mention is made for reholdering fees. Are we still required to pay the $12 reholder fee on these?

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what it sounds like to me, $12 reholder fee applies, but you would need to send in an actual form and not the on-line submittal form.

$5 TrueView (per coin) on any coins submitted under the Reholder Service.
    Please select the "other" option on the submission form and notate "Set Registry $5 TrueView Special” and calculate the additional fees in the fee calculation section.
    All coins must be submitted under the Reholder service and postmarked by March 31, 2015 in order to qualify.
    Only PCGS Collectors Club Members can take advantage of this special (excludes PCGS Authorized Dealers).

http://www.pcgs.com/ccspecial.html

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    I believe so. image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Special is a "Quarterly Grading Special" so I take it to mean you can use the (5) Free True-Views when paying for grading.

It doesn't mention being valid on reholder only.

You can use the new Digital Albulm Special where True-Views are only $5 ea with a reholder fee of $12 ea.

I just sent an order in under this special image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are getting things confused.

I do believe there are TWO (2) things going on.

1) Quarterly special = 5 FREE trueviews. Any service it looks like (doesn't need to be reholder...can be raw/crossover/etc...whatever normally qualifies for TV photos anyway)
    2) Set Registry special = $5 REHOLDER Trueviews (submit under reholder and get free trueviews...up to 5). I read this as requiring the reholder fee and each TV you ask for at the time is only $5 each (in addition to the reholder fee).

Source: Click the link here, notice the different dates and offers.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    coinguy1989coinguy1989 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent 5 PCGS coins in for regrade and TrueView.
    I used the Online form as it is so quick and painless.
    I hand wrote on the printed form, "Quarterly Submission Special, 5 free TrueView images"
    So, I will be looking for a $50 credit on this submission.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Here is the way I interpret the two specials.

The quarterly special good from Jan 1, 2015 thru March 31, 2015 is a quarterly collectors club GRADING special. That means you are sending coins to be graded and IF you would like to have some or all of these coins True Viewed also PCGS will charge you the normal grading fees and True View the FIRST FIVE of the coins you want True Viewed for FREE. Any more coins you want True Viewed will be charged at the regular $10 per coin for True View.

The True View $5 special good from January 29, 2015 thru March 31, 2015 is for those collectors club members who want their coins True Viewed and then (of necessity) reholdered. The cost for THAT special is $5 for True View + $12 for reholder or $17 per coin. No limit on how many can be sent in. No grading done on this special.

I don't think PCGS thought these two specials out because they ARE confusing. I'm sure there will be many complaints because customers are always looking for bargins and it hurts business when the customer is disappointed. These two specials should have been separated by at least a year. JMHO. Steveimage
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

in case you are confused about the TWO different PCGS specials. Steveimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just re-upped at Gold level, so I'll have four vouchers coming. I would assume I could get free TrueViews with those submissions?

Sweet deal, if that's the case.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file