Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1913 Buffalo Nickel NEWP

KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bought this recently, and it showed up today. Nothing too special.

Would like to hear your opinions on the photos mostly. Buffalo nickels aren't something I generally collect, so I don't shoot them very often.
Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover

Comments

• Options
    I'm no messydesk or bluvette, but I think your imaging is really good! image
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, that spotting will prob go down as environmental damage, it is otherwise nice. >>

Yeah, it's a shame about the spotting. But for the price I paid, I don't mind.

<< <i>I'm no messydesk or bluvette, but I think your imaging is really good! image >>

Thank you, I appreciate it.
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i likes it...alot
    sweet strike on the obverse...full divide going into hair tie along with the top-most single strand in the center
    looks like it's got great color too as with slight machine doubling

a soak in acetone surely wouldn't hurt nothing here just to ensure those spots are neutralized to even a mild verdi-care address there image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    rkprkp Posts: 434 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, that spotting will prob go down as environmental damage, it is otherwise nice.

Good dansco coin. >>

The brown spots underneath the bisons back side? No, that's just part of the design image

Oh and, your photography is top notch!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent photography and also a very nice Buff....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i likes it...alot
    sweet strike on the obverse...full divide going into hair tie along with the top-most single strand in the center
    looks like it's got great color too as with slight machine doubling

a soak in acetone surely wouldn't hurt nothing here just to ensure those spots are neutralized to even a mild verdi-care address there image >>

Looks nice MS63 or a AU58 it was acetoned befor so one more will not hert it, The spots will not come off and it looks like there was rust in the die when struck. You will be taking a chance on the other stuff if you dip it 1.5 sec is about right not 1.6 sec lol. Nice photos as well image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great image of a nice type 1 Buff. Ya did a great job imaging it.image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is special... The engraving work and die prep is just amazing

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks original and has nice, light pastel colors. MS63 considering the light spotting.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite the spotting, details, details and more details. Great coin! Gotta love those '13's.image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Despite the spotting, details, details and more details. Great coin! Gotta love those '13's.image >>

Exactly how I feel. I tend to pick apart coins too much. This one is just flat-out nice.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Striking coin and dripping in luster..
    "Nothing special"...?
    I disagree.- respectfully.......

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got his 1913 type one buff from ebay about a year ago. I set it aside and was just looking at it closely today and to my utter shock and surprise it is a no question 1913 type one matte proof, which is listed on the holder as an ms66. There were over 35 bids on the coin and I was the lucky winner and boy was I ever lucky. This coin has all the qualifications and is a no question proof. There is no question about this one. It gets cracked out and sent to pcgs later this week.

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/buffnixx/media/todayz_coynze003_zpsd1143557.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/buffnixx/media/todayz_coynze008_zps350bf528.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/buffnixx/media/todayz_coynze001_zpsc6c93139.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/buffnixx/media/todayz_coynze016_zps7753aeb8.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/buffnixx/media/todayz_coynze015_zpsb49c41ed.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Buffalo. I love it !!
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Not only the coveted "Matte" but a rotation to boot. Nice dude.image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file